Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Garmin GPS

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  scuba1988 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the complete Victory Garmin GPS package? If so, did u do it or did u have the dealer install it & how does the GPS voice sound w/the sound integration? OR are u just doing the plain ol' stick on the tank DIY method?? Thanks

#2 ·
Not sure how to install it but the vision I just signed the paper work on sat has one. They put it on before I bought it and I already have a zummo 660 so we did some trading on there since I dont need 2 of them. It is handy but I never turned the radio up much to hear the gps to see how well it works in the system on the test ride. Good luck

#3 ·
ok, well come on back after u have used it a cpl of times and give us your feedback, thanks. wac

#4 · (Edited)
My input may not be helpful, but I have the Vision 8 Ball with a Cycle Sounds amp I installed. I mounted a Garmin 750 using a RAM mount system below the ignition switch. I plug in the amp to the headphone jack on the garmin which also has a mp3 player. I know the nuvi 750 isn't for motorcycles, but I've run automotive gps units on my motorcycles for the past 6 years without a problem.

Attachments

#5 ·
RayBob,
Are you using the front left compartment for your 12v gps plug? if so what did u do just cut out a small portion of the lid to allow for its closing?? OR did u hard wire it to the batt??? :confused:

#6 · (Edited)
I've had a Zumo 550 for 5 yrs. and 3 bikes.I'ts easy to wire to your switched acc.circuit under the cover in front of the seat.I run a Sirius radio off the same plug just fuse them seperately.The only thing I run directly off the batt. is heated gear or an audio amp with remote start.I'd always have a dead battery now that old age has set in.

Attachments

#11 ·
my shop manual is on order, so as soon as i get it i will investigate, thanks for the scoop thumb up

#12 ·
DIY Garmin Install on 2011 Vision

I bought the full Garmin package and installed it my self without too much difficulty. Basically you need to remove the center sheet metal panel and drill some holes for the installation. The directions aren't great but was able to figure it out. The remainder of the assembly was simple plug and play. The only issue was the screws that attach the GPS Mount to the base were too long so I got shorter screws from the local hardware store. No problem with the sound the GPS will cut in over the radio or iPod. I prefer to mute the GPS in most circumstances. My first ZUMO 660 has proven to be quite reliable. I like being able to create a map route on my PC then download it to the GPS.

#16 ·
Mount

I have the Zumo ball joint mounted to the handle bar, the sound is great and it can either come thru the radio speakers or the headset. It was really nice to hear the directions when I was riding thru a new town and in rush hour traffic. It was great to hear the directions without having to take my eyes off traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.