Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Help with Exhaust Please

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  dknight14 
#1 ·
Please take it easy on me if these questions have been beat to death. I've been looking through page after page of pipes. I am kind of leaning towards the Bassani Pro Streets but I am just wondering about the whole package. Can I just put the pipes on and ride or is the Tuner, etc a must when changing the exhaust. I guess my question is: What other items go along with buying a new pipe. My bike is a stock 2013 highball with approx. 500 miles. Thanks for the help

#2 ·
I'm going to let others more experienced than me tell you about pipes and what else goes with them. But I will tell you this; if its more power you are after, put about 2500+ more miles on her. The 106 takes a long time to break in and yours is still pretty tight. If you want more noise and you install pipes, or drill the baffles as I did, you want to improve the intake flow. The easiest and simplest power improvement is Lloydz adjustable timing wheel.
Add a signature telling us about your bike. That way, we can be of more help in future posts.

#3 ·
dknight14

As long as you have looked at all the pipes what do you want in the future. You want power am guessing maybe you want loud witch in time you;ll be here asking how to quiet it down.
I would email Rylan at The Vick shop and ask him. First you have to decide what you really want. Rylan will answer you with in a day hes a great guy.

http://thevicshop.com/Contact.html

#4 ·
Thanks for the input. I would not say that I want loud, I just want more than what it has stock. More power would be a plus but I am happy with it for now. Just wondering what I need to be budgeting for. If I can just buy the pipe and slip it on that is one price but do I need to budget for pipe, tuner, etc. The last thing I want to do is buy a $600 pipe to find out I need another $1000 to make it run right. I hope that make sense.
Thanks,

#5 ·
Actually you can get an answer from Rylan faster, he prefers a phone call vs. email.
So I've been told.

#6 ·
Sending a 1-1/8" hole saw up the pipes and drilling out the baffles is easy and free. Sound is exactly what I prefer; neighbors don't know when I'm coming or going, yet she barks when I roll it on. Nice purr on the highway.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Not sure, his may be the same, but may not be so i would hate to see him wreck something thinking he was good to go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#11 ·
If you want to gut them you can...they aren't going to sound great. Just loud like you put a megaphone in front of a sewing machine. I did the turnouts on a stock vegas 8ball with some popping on decel. If you want to disconnect the o2 sensors you could try that...you may want to pick up a timing wheel. It sounded good...was decent performing. wheel is 150ish and whatever your pipes are gonna run.

If you want to get serious then you are going to need the pc5 or fueler and intake. That wakes the bike and pipes up a lot.

I have those turn-outs with a pc5 auto tune...timing wheel...s&s intake and it is amazing...and before mags comes in I haven't scraped the pipes once.

Just messing mags if you read this

#12 ·
And before our favorite Buckeye chimes in...
Do not go wider than a 180 mm rear tire or you will never be able turn a corner again.

#16 ·
My advice is first call Rylan and explain what you are after. Then put a few more miles on your stock bike before you start your mods. Give it a year and save your money until you can upgrade the intake and exhaust at once and then have it tuned with the major setup in place. Otherwise you are going to be doing this again. and again. and again...

#17 ·
Thanks HammerDS. That is kind of the answers I am looking for. I owned several bikes including touring, motard and sport but I am most comfortable in the woods on a dirt bike. All this is new to me. Exhaust and intake I got down but the tuner is still a question for me. You stated that I should have it tuned. Does that mean I need to buy a power commander (or something similar) or can I just take it to a dealer and have them tune it? If either one is a choice, Is there a huge benefit or price difference to one or the other. Keep in mind that, although more power would be great, I am really just looking for an exhaust note that matches the looks of the bike. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.