bought new '12 Kingpin yesterday - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Rebel Biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Fork, Arkansas
Posts: 1,533
Garage
Default bought new '12 Kingpin yesterday

Hello fellas! I just joined the forum last night but I been reading imformation on here from you guys for a while. I FINALLY got what I been dreaming of for about a year. When they offered the rebates on the 12s I decided now is the time, especially since 2012 is the Kingpins last year and I didn't really like the Boardwalk as much, I went in and put an order in for the 12 King. It has to be shipped from an out of state dealer and then they also have to order the parts for add-ons I requested. I should have it soon and I'll post pics when it comes in.

I have a few questions for ya'll. I assume the break in period is 500 miles? What does the dealer do for the break in service and about how much is it?
Rebel Biker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fairfield Cnty, CT
Posts: 634
Default

Sounds like you just made all the right moves. Good choices and a great bike. Make it the way you want it and ride safe.

2010 XC Midnight Cherry
cams/D&D
2009 Ness Vision
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
sixshooter_45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 530
Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Biker View Post
Hello fellas! I just joined the forum last night but I been reading imformation on here from you guys for a while. I FINALLY got what I been dreaming of for about a year. When they offered the rebates on the 12s I decided now is the time, especially since 2012 is the Kingpins last year and I didn't really like the Boardwalk as much, I went in and put an order in for the 12 King. It has to be shipped from an out of state dealer and then they also have to order the parts for add-ons I requested. I should have it soon and I'll post pics when it comes in.

I have a few questions for ya'll. I assume the break in period is 500 miles? What does the dealer do for the break in service and about how much is it?
Congrats on a great bike. I think they do an oil and filter change with Victory's oil and a 121 point inspection for about $250.00.

At least that's from memory from what I've read here on this great forum, someone else will chime in if I'm wrong.

Ride safe and enjoy the new ride.

Last edited by sixshooter_45; 08-04-2012 at 02:30 PM.
sixshooter_45 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Rebel Biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Fork, Arkansas
Posts: 1,533
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter_45 View Post
Congrats on a great bike. I think they do an oil and filter change with Victory's oil and a 121 point inspection for about $250.00.

At least that's from memory from what I've read here on this great forum, someone else will chime in if I'm wrong.

Ride safe and enjoy the new ride.
$250 ? Ouch! I plan on doing my own oil changes after the initial inspection. I've read some folks buy the service manual and do all thier own stuff. Is this a good idea for the initial inspection? Will doing my own service void my 5 year warranty. I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I am inclined. I worked as an ASE certified auto technician up until 4 years ago. Right now I'm leaning toward letting them do the 500 mile inspection...perhaps they know the "look out for this bolt..."?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZw...ature=youtu.be

2014 Victory Cross Country Tour - Two Tone Sonic Blue and Silver

PCV 6,500 rev limit, Lloydz VM1-DR Cams, Lloydz Hi Flow Filter, Atom Bomb exhaust, Lloydz ATS +4, Lloydz 1/4 Throttle. 111 HP / 116 TQ
2012 Victory Kingpin - Traded in on XCT

2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750 - Traded in on KP
Rebel Biker is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Biker View Post
$250 ? Ouch! I plan on doing my own oil changes after the initial inspection. I've read some folks buy the service manual and do all thier own stuff. Is this a good idea for the initial inspection? Will doing my own service void my 5 year warranty. I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I am inclined. I worked as an ASE certified auto technician up until 4 years ago. Right now I'm leaning toward letting them do the 500 mile inspection...perhaps they know the "look out for this bolt..."?
Most of them likely have Loctite on them and torquing them would break it anyway. Probably only a few critical nuts (like the axles) and oil to change anyway.




https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Highrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 108
Default

Congrats on your new bike. When I took my new Jackpot in for the 500, they changed the oil and filter and a warranty primary gasket for $85.00

Thes bikes are built like tanks, and with all mechanisms in one compartment (1 oil) it is fairly simple for service and economical as well.
Highrider is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
NJ8BALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 931
Garage
Default

Grats on the new pin, and welcome aboard. I let the dealer do my first service. I love seeing the in new threads enjoy your new scoot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

'09 Kingpin 8-Ball...Sanded chrome exhaust, Stage 1 slipons, VFCIII, Lloyds IAV, Stonny's 27" sissybar, Edge bags with ghost brackets,Kuryakyn black ISO grips,

http://www.bluebeardimagery.com/
http://blue-beard-imagery.artistwebsites.com/
Photo equip: Canon 60D, Canon 55-250is, Canon 18-55, Canon 70-200f4,Tamron SP10-24
NJ8BALL is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Rebel Biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Fork, Arkansas
Posts: 1,533
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ8BALL View Post
Grats on the new pin, and welcome aboard. I let the dealer do my first service. I love seeing the in new threads enjoy your new scoot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thank you! I go to pick up my new bike Monday after work. I've never seen it much less test drove or sat on it. So I have the full experience awaiting me Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZw...ature=youtu.be

2014 Victory Cross Country Tour - Two Tone Sonic Blue and Silver

PCV 6,500 rev limit, Lloydz VM1-DR Cams, Lloydz Hi Flow Filter, Atom Bomb exhaust, Lloydz ATS +4, Lloydz 1/4 Throttle. 111 HP / 116 TQ
2012 Victory Kingpin - Traded in on XCT

2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750 - Traded in on KP
Rebel Biker is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Member
 
RidingVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 75
Default

Congrats.


Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

2012 Vegas 8Ball
US Navy
RidingVA is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Junior Member
 
nimbrag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 8
Default

Congrats on a great bike. I think if you just have the oil change you'll be OK (with the waranty). Really depends on the dealer.
nimbrag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome