Progress on the KP - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
nvkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Spring Creek, NV
Posts: 85
Garage
Default Progress on the KP

Started tearing into the 'Pin over the weekend and made some good progress. So far I am extremely happy with the new looks and performance. Still have to get her on a dyno, but it's just about time to put her away for the winter so I took her out for a quick test spin.
Upgrades so far are:
-Conquest Customs Octanes
-S&S Intake
-PCIII (zero map in it now, soon to be tuned on the dyno)
-Rear signal delete w/ all in one license plate frame
-Custom, one-off lay down bracket (by me)

Still to come:
-15" Apes are in the mail
-Longer cables
-Front LED signals
-Lowering Link

My only issue was with the S&S instructions. It seems as if you should start at the last step and work your way backwards when installing the intake. I followed them step-by-step and had to take everything off to put in the coil spacer and make it easier to get the hose clamps on the bottom of the intake for the MAP sensor and breather tube. Other than that, everything went well!! Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!







king4wd, Kurbs, GGparker3! and 1 others like this.

2004 Kingpin w/ 11,xxx miles (8/2016)
AMSOIL Independent Dealer-Let me know if I can get you anything!!
nvkevin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
doobliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 757
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkevin View Post
Started tearing into the 'Pin over the weekend and made some good progress. So far I am extremely happy with the new looks and performance. Still have to get her on a dyno, but it's just about time to put her away for the winter so I took her out for a quick test spin.
Upgrades so far are:
-Conquest Customs Octanes
-S&S Intake
-PCIII (zero map in it now, soon to be tuned on the dyno)
-Rear signal delete w/ all in one license plate frame
-Custom, one-off lay down bracket (by me)

Still to come:
-15" Apes are in the mail
-Longer cables
-Front LED signals
-Lowering Link

My only issue was with the S&S instructions. It seems as if you should start at the last step and work your way backwards when installing the intake. I followed them step-by-step and had to take everything off to put in the coil spacer and make it easier to get the hose clamps on the bottom of the intake for the MAP sensor and breather tube. Other than that, everything went well!! Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!







I believe your 'Pin is going to force you to buy a battery tender....for your car.
Great stuff nvkevin!
king4wd, nvkevin and GGparker3! like this.

'15 Gloss Titanium XC.
WOLO Low Tone Disc Horn
Tri-Oval Slip Ons
Black LED Headlight
Kingpin Metal Fork Guards
Ricz Lay Down Plate
Lloydz Timing Wheel & Throttle Ring
Shinhopples Grip Covers
12" Long Ride Shield
Bad Ace Billet Fork Mounted Air Deflector
Ness Signals; Amber front, Red rear

http://www.pure-gas.org/

"I leave the BUG CARNAGE on my screen , it adds character!"-LILMAGS500
doobliss is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
nvkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Spring Creek, NV
Posts: 85
Garage
Default

Nothing wrong with that!!! Haha!!

2004 Kingpin w/ 11,xxx miles (8/2016)
AMSOIL Independent Dealer-Let me know if I can get you anything!!
nvkevin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: coal township, pennsylvania
Posts: 1,394
Default looks good!

i assume by the wheels its a premium ,but what year. is that a factory paint scheme? not needing another bike but being curious i tested a 6,xxx mile 07 pin like new but the silver paint did nothing for me + although my first encounter with floorboards they were not for me. if i would need a replacement for my 13 hammer a pin would be first on the list, their looks grew on me!!
Kurbs and GGparker3! like this.
rodhotter is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Kurbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkevin View Post
Started tearing into the 'Pin over the weekend and made some good progress. So far I am extremely happy with the new looks and performance. Still have to get her on a dyno, but it's just about time to put her away for the winter so I took her out for a quick test spin.
Upgrades so far are:
-Conquest Customs Octanes
-S&S Intake
-PCIII (zero map in it now, soon to be tuned on the dyno)
-Rear signal delete w/ all in one license plate frame
-Custom, one-off lay down bracket (by me)

Still to come:
-15" Apes are in the mail
-Longer cables
-Front LED signals
-Lowering Link

My only issue was with the S&S instructions. It seems as if you should start at the last step and work your way backwards when installing the intake. I followed them step-by-step and had to take everything off to put in the coil spacer and make it easier to get the hose clamps on the bottom of the intake for the MAP sensor and breather tube. Other than that, everything went well!! Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!







Not to mention the Linbar. Thinking of getting one for my KP. How do you like those? Be nice for long highway rides.

2012 Pin
Torque Tubes, VM-1 cams, PCV, Throttle ring, ATS
Kurbs is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Junior Member
 
01.smoke roller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9
Garage
Default

Nice bike! I really like the signal delete an lay down plate... you built it yourself? I've been lookin at options for mine. I absolutely hate how the plate sticks up like a billboard an kills the lines on the pin's
01.smoke roller is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
nvkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Spring Creek, NV
Posts: 85
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhotter View Post
i assume by the wheels its a premium ,but what year. is that a factory paint scheme? not needing another bike but being curious i tested a 6,xxx mile 07 pin like new but the silver paint did nothing for me + although my first encounter with floorboards they were not for me. if i would need a replacement for my 13 hammer a pin would be first on the list, their looks grew on me!!
This is a 2004 Kingpin. Factory paint scheme.

2004 Kingpin w/ 11,xxx miles (8/2016)
AMSOIL Independent Dealer-Let me know if I can get you anything!!
nvkevin is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
nvkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Spring Creek, NV
Posts: 85
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbs View Post
Not to mention the Linbar. Thinking of getting one for my KP. How do you like those? Be nice for long highway rides.
The bars are great for long rides when I want to kick my feet up and cruise. I'm pretty tall, so I will be installing a set of pegs on the bars to give me a little more room to stretch out.
Kurbs likes this.

2004 Kingpin w/ 11,xxx miles (8/2016)
AMSOIL Independent Dealer-Let me know if I can get you anything!!
nvkevin is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
nvkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Spring Creek, NV
Posts: 85
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01.smoke roller View Post
Nice bike! I really like the signal delete an lay down plate... you built it yourself? I've been lookin at options for mine. I absolutely hate how the plate sticks up like a billboard an kills the lines on the pin's
I didn't build the plate frame myself. It's a Custom Dynamics with all the lights integrated. I did fabricate the bracket that the frame/plate mount to. I didn't like the way the plate sticks up, as you mention.

2004 Kingpin w/ 11,xxx miles (8/2016)
AMSOIL Independent Dealer-Let me know if I can get you anything!!
nvkevin is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: coal township, pennsylvania
Posts: 1,394
Default plate mod

the OE plate would be my first mod for sure! the Vics make the cookie cutter bikes look as they are really drab. paint scheme is a nice touch for sure!
rodhotter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome