I’ve owned Harleys before and have done Stage 1 upgrades but this is my first Victory so I have some questions.
1. The kit in the above link says its for 2006 models but will it also work in a 2007? What other years will fit the 2007?
2. Will I be able to install the recalibration for the EFI system or will I have to go to a dealer?
3. The K&N air filter will only be effective if its has the vented air box cover, correct?
4. How much louder than stock will these be over stock mufflers? My guess is that they are Victory’s equivalent of HD’s Screamin’ Eagles and not nearly as loud as some aftermarket pipes?
5. Does the kit come with exhaust gaskets? If not should they be replaced when installing?
Should fit the 2007 and the dealer will have to do the card. I would look at aftermarket route. You will have better performance and should be able to install everything yourself if you are handy with a wrench. Also I would get new exhaust gaskets just for peace of mind. Make sure you retighten the flange nuts after few heat cycles to set the gaskets.
Jackpot and hammers have wider swingarms so those won't work. Shouldn't matter about the year, if they are 08 and above you will need to plug the holes for the o2 sensors. Just need to find ones for kp or a vegas(not jackpot).
Might want to think about installing a fuel controller at this point. For what you will pay a dealer to do a remap( which you will need )put the money toward the fuel controller and you will be able to set the fuel mapping yourself for this or any other future mods you may make. No need to pay a dealer each time you do an upgrade. Installing the fuel controller is no big deal and can be done by yourself as they just plug in. No special tools needed. Best money I spent on my Kingpin.
The kit comes with the recal card. I still would go aftermarket on exhaust, intake, and fuel controller probably won't be much more than what you pay for the kit but will get you much better performance/sound.