Led Tail Light For Kingpin - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 65
Default Led Tail Light For Kingpin

I have a 2007 Kingpin and I just bought the replacement 15 led tail light complete with the adapter from Noemtz. It looks like a quality piece. If anyone has experience with removing the tail light on a Kingpin, I would appreciate some tips on how to do it. Of course, its harder to do when laying on the garage floor and trying to manipulate one hand between the tire and inside of the fender. For this reason, I was planning on letting the dealer do it, but if someone can walk me through the process, I would like to try it myself. I appreciate all comments.

2007 Kingpin Deluxe

Last edited by CrossRoads; 02-23-2012 at 11:15 AM.
RP01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Hopefully this helps a little.
07KING.jpg

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
NOEMTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 1,566
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP01 View Post
I have a 2007 Kingpin and I just bought the replacement 15 led tail light complete with the adapter from Noemtz. It looks like a quality piece. If anyone has experience with removing the tail light on a Kingpin, I would appreciate some tips on how to do it. Of course, its harder to do when laying on the garage floor and trying to manipulate one hand between the tire and inside of the fender. For this reason, I was planning on letting the dealer do it, but if someone can walk me through the process, I would like to try it myself. I appreciate all comments.
Easiest way to go would be to remove seat, remove side struts, remove fender bolts, with a buddy helping out..disconnect harness..lift or remove fender to get to all wires. Install everything and reinstall in reverse order.

www.noemtz.com
Parts & Accessories, Grips, Pegs,Tail Lights, Clear Signal Lenses, Clutch Cable Repair Kits, Custom Tank Badges, Brake Pads, Led Conversions and installation, 12 Volt Adaptors, Chrome, Dyna Beads Wheel Balancing, Heel Blades, Kickstand extensions and much more!

"I Would Rather Die On My Feet, Than Live On My Knees...Emiliano Zapata - 1910"
I DONT PICK SIDES, GO WITH THE FLOW, OR PUT UP WITH BULLSHIT.
I RELY SOLELY ON MYSELF, BEAUSE I HAVE MY OWN BACK. NOEMTZ - 2010
NOEMTZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
OkieHoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 918
Default

post a pic of your KP dude..i love them

2013 black XCT.
OkieHoss is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,823
Garage
Default

If you go to the trouble of pulling the fender; you might as well install one of those wire protectors that Witchdoctor sells, and maybe Noemtz, so you never have to worry about the tire hitting the wires underneath the fender. Unfortunately the shipping charges are as much as the part just about.
BBob is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,823
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEMTZ View Post
Easiest way to go would be to remove seat, remove side struts, remove fender bolts, with a buddy helping out..disconnect harness..lift or remove fender to get to all wires. Install everything and reinstall in reverse order.
Noe; is it possible to disconnect the shock and lower the wheel/swingarm down so you can get at everything under the fender?

Or is it best to do as you described and go through everything at this time?

I haven't done this yet so I'm trying to figure out the path of least resistance. Or is it either or kinda thing?
BBob is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chelsea, AL
Posts: 24
Default

I did this same install and found it easier just to remove the fender. It seems like there was an extra nut or two under there to get out. It was much easier to see everything with it removed.
jmholland is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
NOEMTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 1,566
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Noe; is it possible to disconnect the shock and lower the wheel/swingarm down so you can get at everything under the fender?

Or is it best to do as you described and go through everything at this time?

I haven't done this yet so I'm trying to figure out the path of least resistance. Or is it either or kinda thing?
Easiest to remove fender. And can be done while on kickstand for those that do not have jack or lift.

www.noemtz.com
Parts & Accessories, Grips, Pegs,Tail Lights, Clear Signal Lenses, Clutch Cable Repair Kits, Custom Tank Badges, Brake Pads, Led Conversions and installation, 12 Volt Adaptors, Chrome, Dyna Beads Wheel Balancing, Heel Blades, Kickstand extensions and much more!

"I Would Rather Die On My Feet, Than Live On My Knees...Emiliano Zapata - 1910"
I DONT PICK SIDES, GO WITH THE FLOW, OR PUT UP WITH BULLSHIT.
I RELY SOLELY ON MYSELF, BEAUSE I HAVE MY OWN BACK. NOEMTZ - 2010
NOEMTZ is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 65
Default

Thanks for the replies. According to the instructions, there is one bolt to take off behind the fender and the light should come out. The problem is getting at the bolt, there is a metal shield over the assembly. It could be bent out of the way I guess. Nothing I have seen elsewhere indicates the need to take the fender off. If it becomes problematic, I will let the dealer do it. I'm too old to spend a day doing a half hour job.

2007 Kingpin Deluxe
RP01 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
If you go to the trouble of pulling the fender; you might as well install one of those wire protectors that Witchdoctor sells, and maybe Noemtz, so you never have to worry about the tire hitting the wires underneath the fender. Unfortunately the shipping charges are as much as the part just about.
Got a link for that?
TrashmanNYC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome