Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Victory tank decal...

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  53canuck 
#1 ·
My Suede Titanium Metallic XC arrived at the dealer without a Victory tank decal. Seemed odd to me that it would not be on there from the factory.

It's not the 3D red V style, but like this: http://images.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/arizonavictory/vp3528687_1.jpg

At first I was kinda ok with it just being blank... definitely would keep folks guessing what the bike is... but then I thought, I kinda like the badge being there. What I'm wondering is if this is just a sticker they put on, or is it applied and then clear coat put over it. The dealer stated it's just a decal stuck on... but I can't imagine it would be just that... it wouldn't stay on long if that were the case just from normal wear and tear IMHO...

Anyone know for sure? :confused:

#2 ·
I know my VICTORY on the Judge is cleared over. On that suede paint, I would assume it would have it under a clear as well. Either way I'd want my badge too. Even if you choose not to put it back on I'd ask the dealer for it. Assuming you bought it new right?

#4 ·
FWIW, I ordered the chrome script tank badges and while they were on their way, I removed the old ones. The tank looked so good without badges that I wished I had removed them before ordering. Either folks know what a Victory is or they don't. Many of those who don't will ask, doesn't matter if there's a badge there or not.
If you really want a badge, there are at least a couple forum vendors who offer them.

#5 ·
Some badges are three dimensional like ornaments and some are just decals, and I believe (from what I've seen) your XC is a decal. So it would be cleared over like mine (i would assume). But that suede paint I imagine is hard to clear (get the flattening mix right would be tricky). You could always order one from a vendor that is 3d and then you would have a titanium suede xc different then the others with their cleared over decal...or keep it bare...because in a couple years the novelty of the badge may wear off. Strange though, it would be left off...if it is in fact the ones i've seen (not sure every model year of that colour has the same badge).

#7 ·
tell the dealer it looks like a Harley now,so its only worth $5000.00...:D

I love that color,too...;)
I would get the decal and put it on my toolbox

#8 ·
Thanks all! We'll see what the dealer and Victory come up with... I've asked for a new tank with the decals properly installed if it's supposed to be clear coated. I don't want the decal installed if it's going to be Joe mechanic in their shop slapping it on there...

#9 ·
Looks much better without the logo, not worth the hassle to get one with the logo. Just free advertising.

#10 ·
I agree, to get them to order you a whole new tank (those bad boys are 2k new) would be a hassle. Get him to throw in a couple of these that are in fact just stuck on;

then you can choose to put em on now, later, or not at all. Once you get the clear coated one youre stuck...until you paint it...but who wants to paint over titanium suede? I actually think this may be a blessing in disguise for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.