Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - What did you do to your Cross Bike today?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Donzo

Default What did you do to your Cross Bike today?

I also frequent a Wrangler TJ forum - there is a thread similar to this there and it has 1,000s of responses. You can get ideas and learn from what others are doing with their toys - so, lets see if it works here...

I'll start.
I installed the 1/4 turn throttle from Lloyds. I did not find it as easy to put in as some others...getting the nut and lock nuts loose was easy. But when I took the throttle assembly apart there was a bottom piece not discussed in the video and another screw under the bottom plate that needs to come out. Also if you do this mod - cut off all the zip ties on the cables/wires so you can get enough slack to get the throttle handle off the bars. Getting the cable stops in their holes was an interesting process - it was awesome when i did, but it took 10 minutes of fiddling. All told it took about 35 minutes for me to get the whole thing done including re-zip tying - I could do it alot faster now that I learned the process.

How do i like it? ALOT!
There is no slop in my throttle now nice and tight from turn to end of turn - the best part is it got rid of my "driveline slop" I thought that maybe my belt was loose or something else...now when I release the throttle and re-engage the throttle there is no lurch at all. Like when going down a hill and the engine breaking stops and pushes the bike forward it is tight and smooth as is using the throttle in low speed maneuvers - the mod was worth it just for this improvement!
I also like how the throttle feels alot more than stock - it is a little more that half as far a twist from idle to full throttle - does not feel twitchy or sensitive - just right.
i highly recommend this mod!!
A heads up the part costs $19.99 - Witchdoctor wanted $21 to ship this little thing out
Lloyds was $12 for shipping - still high for a 1 oz part that would ship USPS for $3...but that's the way it is - still worth it

2010 Crossroads
Midnight Cherry

No Rice
No Pork
Just Beef

Enjoy the miles....we only get so many!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome