Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Bullet fairing added to my Hammer-what do you think?

25K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Johnny Z 
#1 ·

Going in for my first service on Wed-gonna see about getting the Judge headlight.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good, what brand did you go with? any buffeting while riding from it?

#3 ·
what do i think?

It looks hideous. You should remove it immediately. Being the nice guy I am, I'd be willing to take that ugly thing off your hands for a couple bucks.....:D

Seriously though, looks AWESOME. Assuming you dont live in Eastern VA would you mind posting the part numbers/place to buy so I can possibly steal your idea and make it look like it was my custom work? Looks kinda like the fatboy fairing with the vstar mounts...think it looks great.

#4 ·
It looks hideous. You should remove it immediately. Being the nice guy I am, I'd be willing to take that ugly thing off your hands for a couple bucks.....:D

Seriously though, looks AWESOME. Assuming you dont live in Eastern VA would you mind posting the part numbers/place to buy so I can possibly steal your idea and make it look like it was my custom work? Looks kinda like the fatboy fairing with the vstar mounts...think it looks great.
LOL-thanks buddy. It's the Memphis shades bullet fairing part # MEM7121.

Then you need the mount kit part # MEB1977 and mount kit MEM8978. The fork mounts from the 1977 kit are too small so you have to buy the 8978 kit and use the fork mounts out of it-Memphis shades would not sell the fork mounts separate-which would of saved some bucks!

#14 ·
Took another pic-added the Voodoo mirrors but I can't see squat. The positioning is off. Can I rotate the hand controls to move them up? Or is there a better mirror?
Fairing looks excellent on your 8 Ball Hammer. Like it was made for it. There are lots of decent mirrors out there. Ebay and demoncycles.com has 'em for fairly low cost. As mentioned; Ness has some nice ones.

You can turn your controls up or forward but you will probably need to open them up to grind off the hole locating pin. I've done that to both my Vic's so I'm not limited by them. A dremel or die grinder does a good job.

#10 ·
Can you snap a picture from the drivers seat? like what it looks like inside.

#11 ·
Looks real good on your bike. I have Ness Rad III on my bike and I love them. They look great with the lines of the bike and visibility is awesome. They also don't shake around so you have great sight of those behind and to the side of you.

#20 ·
vortech , its probably just me , but I like the look of the angular headlight poking out a little in the front , it looks tough .thumb up

Reactions: James__
#23 ·
I don't know, I tend to agree with Vortech. I think I have the factory head light from my 06 black Hammer, I think, if you are interested in it Vortech, and it would probably be best if I get rid of it or I will be doing a Dr Derp mod on my bike as well. I am just not sure I have it as I sit here drolling over Dr Derp's set up. Wow, both bikes look great!!!!

#21 ·
Yeah I agree with Mags- also the angular headlight differentiates it from the HD clan......looks awesome vortech thumb up

#26 ·
Garandiver...I love the wind protection on my chest. No buffeting at all, and the wind hits me just above the shield on my helmet. I'm a pretty short feller, so I'm sure it would feel different for a taller person.
I had this set-up on my last bike (09 VN900 Custom), and will continue to put them on any bike I get until I switch to a touring bike.

#27 ·
Well thanks Dr. Derp. Now you got me looking the web at the price for bullet fairings...I didn't need that. My wife already had a kitty over the purchase of the trailer to long haul my bike to cool riding locations. If my bike shows up with a bullet fairing while I might not feel the wind on my face and chest, I am going to feel some heat from her wrath and have some chilly nights to boot. I must be strong right now and control myself. After all i need new tires...she won't notice those, I suppose. But you have a beautiful bike!!!! Enjoy the ride.:confused:

#28 ·
Sorry bud. Had to tell the truth. I guess I don't run into that prob with my other half. She knows that guns, bikes, gadgets, and such keep Dr. Derp calm and happy.
That is a two way street BTW. She's got plenty of junk too, but nothing as cool as my stuff!:ltr:

#32 ·
I like it, but if it were me, I'd find something to fill in that gap around the light. But that's just me. The air flow coming through there might be kinda nice. The Judge must have a 5 or 6 inch headlight, and the older Hammer had a 7 inch headlight.

#34 ·
My thoughts exactly-so I flipped the headlight bracket around to move the headlight forward and flipped the fairing brackets around the move the fairing closer to the headlight-mission accomplished.

Now I think it looks perfect. Shame the old Hammer headlight doesn't come in black.

Now just need to install my dragbars and wait for the Lloyds cams to come off backorder.

Last weekend we cruised out to Wasaga-my first cruise. I tell you-it was cool watching all the folks stop and stare at the bike-even the Harley guys couldn't help but notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.