Suspension Link Strap Torque - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavPFFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Default Suspension Link Strap Torque

Hi. Does anyone know what the correct torque settings are for a 2014 Vegas 8 Ball?

I bought a service manual online and it's arrived incomplete so I can't find these torque settings.


Biker...custom painter...mechanical idiot!

Vegas 8 Ball - 2014
GavPFFP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavPFFP View Post
Hi. Does anyone know what the correct torque settings are for a 2014 Vegas 8 Ball?

I bought a service manual online and it's arrived incomplete so I can't find these torque settings.


Biker...custom painter...mechanical idiot!

Vegas 8 Ball - 2014
Find a post from Bbob. Try the Political thread in the Rider's Lounge. You will find that under FORUMS in the menus above.
In his signature is a link to manuals that he or someone, has uploaded. He has provided them free of charge.
You will be able to download a Vegas manual there that should have all the pages.
Don't have any idea what the torque setting should be myself.

presently owned bikes
2014 XC 8 ball that no longer stalls
1993 HD fxrp
1982 HD Sturgis
2009 Honda rebel
co owner
1991 gl1500 A w/ Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar.
"God works both good and evil in a mans' life and you deal with it as best you can" Somebody..
Joe_ is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,945
Default

here is a trick. You know bolt and nut size.
Then go to the net and look up torque for that size.
Torque spec is standard for that bolt it does not change

I do believe they give torque spec in owners book for all sizes of bolts

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavPFFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
here is a trick. You know bolt and nut size.
Then go to the net and look up torque for that size.
Torque spec is standard for that bolt it does not change

I do believe they give torque spec in owners book for all sizes of bolts


Wow...thanks, that's a real top trick!


Biker...custom painter...mechanical idiot!

Vegas 8 Ball - 2014
GavPFFP is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavPFFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_ View Post
Find a post from Bbob. Try the Political thread in the Rider's Lounge. You will find that under FORUMS in the menus above.

In his signature is a link to manuals that he or someone, has uploaded. He has provided them free of charge.

You will be able to download a Vegas manual there that should have all the pages.

Don't have any idea what the torque setting should be myself.


Thanks Joe!


Biker...custom painter...mechanical idiot!

Vegas 8 Ball - 2014
GavPFFP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome