Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads (https://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/)
-   -   Lloydz Adjust Time Wheel install (https://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/123778-lloydz-adjust-time-wheel-install.html)

turtle05lj 03-24-2015 02:30 PM

Lloydz Adjust Time Wheel install

Was wondering if this is something that will cause me to have to have my PCV remapped once installed? Reason I am asking is they do not have any downloads avail for this upgrade on the PowerCommander website. Currently using a stock exhaust/hi-flow intake map. Timing wheel sitting ready to be installed. Thanks in advance!

PaiN 03-24-2015 02:53 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong...but the timing gear more or less effects performance below 2500rpms, while the PCV works above 2500rpms. The advance timing should have no effect on the PCV's tuning.

broggyr 03-24-2015 05:00 PM

232 Attachment(s)
I know from reading others' posts that the PCV can add its own timing. If so, it will be in addition to whatever the timing wheel adds.

The PCV doesn't add timing below 2500, but the wheel being a mechanical adjustment adds timing throughout the entire rev range.

dtmmil 03-24-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaiN (Post 1406810)
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong...but the timing gear more or less effects performance below 2500rpms, while the PCV works above 2500rpms. The advance timing should have no effect on the PCV's tuning.

i will correct you,

the timing wheel adds timing from idle all the way up, the pcv can only add above 2500, so if you add timing with the pcv it will add to what you have the wheel set at, and yes it will effect your tune slightly

Joe_ 03-25-2015 12:21 AM

If when they dyno tuned your bike they didn't alter the timing map in the pcv then chances are you will be fine.
Ask the guy who dyno tuned it to open your file and check.

If you have a copy of your map you can open it in the power commander software and check to see if everything in the ignition map is set to zero.

If everything in the ignition map is zero'd out your good to go if not you'll have some decisions to make.

visionjohnny 03-25-2015 12:13 PM

you could write Rylan at the vic shop and ask him about a program

MTVic 03-25-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_ (Post 1407634)
If when they dyno tuned your bike they didn't alter the timing map in the pcv then chances are you will be fine.
Ask the guy who dyno tuned it to open your file and check.

If you have a copy of your map you can open it in the power commander software and check to see if everything in the ignition map is set to zero.

If everything in the ignition map is zero'd out your good to go if not you'll have some decisions to make.

+1

Added it after my mapping. No issues.

turtle05lj 03-25-2015 11:47 PM

Thanks for the input folks. Will let you know how it goes.

slickvic 03-26-2015 07:32 AM

I would re tune on DYNO after ATS install.

Blowndodge 07-09-2015 05:56 PM

My timing wheel is scheduled to arrive this Monday the 13th. Can't wait to feel/hear was all this talk is about! cheers

My O2's are disconnected I've ran regular gas since the beginning with no ping. Think I'll start a 5 degrees with premium.