Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory High-Ball (https://www.victoryforums.com/46-victory-high-ball/)
-   -   Batwing Faring on a 2014 High Ball??? (https://www.victoryforums.com/46-victory-high-ball/139857-batwing-faring-2014-high-ball.html)

ZinZen 07-23-2015 10:29 PM

Batwing Faring on a 2014 High Ball???

I've seen pictures! I've heard people say no problem... all the Vendor sites say no way... What say you????

Travis P 07-24-2015 01:20 AM

Just find a fairing for a Vegas and voila it fits your highball.

amlucent 07-24-2015 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I always liked the look of the wide open customs fairing. It goes well with the lines of the vics. Just my two cents.

Travis P 07-24-2015 08:27 AM

If I was putting a fairing on the Highball it would be a dead Center cycles road captain fairing. I wouldn't put a fairing on with the bullet head light only the round one. The wide open customs fairing is huge!!! The Road Captain suits the size of the bike. Throw a set of killer leather bags on and you have a pretty sick little bagger.

LILMAGS500 07-24-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZinZen (Post 1620489)
I've seen pictures! I've heard people say no problem... all the Vendor sites say no way... What say you????

:crzy::crzy: Why ? :crzy::crzy:

2Mont 07-24-2015 09:33 AM

It fits: Memphis Shades

I have a quick release Batwing fairing from Memphis Shades.
The issue is the fork measurements do not match up with the models they offer.
It took a while, but once you get the quick release mounts at the right angle, the fairing will flex enough to match the angle of the mounts on each side.

May be easier if you had regular mounts, but then you would have the fairing on all the time.
No experience with the Wide Open Custom fairings, but they do look nice!!

Good Luck!

ZinZen 07-24-2015 10:33 AM

Thanks!

This is exactly the kind of information I need! I didn't want to drop $500-$600 only to have it not fit. So are you saying that once the set up is correct it is an easy off and easy on??? Then I could just pop my MRA back in place for the short runs and save the batwing for the long hauls???

:crzy:

2Mont 07-24-2015 11:04 AM

It gets easier after a few times on and off. There are a few others on here that answered those same questions for me when I was looking. If you search Memphis shades batwing Fairing you might find some older threads with pictures.
I switched out to a round headlight, the batwing makes contact on the top of the headlight. Not sure if that would be the same problem with the Vic OEM flat top oval light.

2Mont 07-24-2015 08:58 PM

Thread Link

WA Vicman 09-16-2015 12:30 AM

had my memphis shades batwing on for a couple of years now.....love it!