Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Judge (https://www.victoryforums.com/74-victory-judge/)
-   -   Dual front disc on a Judge (https://www.victoryforums.com/74-victory-judge/156193-dual-front-disc-judge.html)

AfterDarker 02-11-2016 04:20 AM

Dual front disc on a Judge

Has anyone done it?

Motorbikerx 02-11-2016 07:38 AM

Ive thought about it on my Vegas which is same as a Judge really except for wheel size.
I bought an XC billet 18" front wheel as it has bolt holes for two disc rotors and it fits my conventional forks using all the same spacers and axle off my 21" wheel.
The problem lies then in where to bolt the second caliper to as theres no lugs on the other lower fork leg so youve gotta weld some on in the right place and strip the forks right down after marking where youre gonna weld or the heat generated will probably mess up your fork internals.
The other way to go is bolt an entire Hammer S fork assembly including triple trees to your judge.
With the price of Vic parts you may be better off moneywise to graft on an entire Jap superbike front end off a GSXR1000 or similar...I've seen similar setups on hotrodded Harleys before.
Any other ideas I'd love to hear as really our single disc fronts are barely adequate at speed.
Upgrade to Lyndals performance pads is the cheapest way to get better front braking.

visionjohnny 02-11-2016 12:46 PM

why not
you would need different master cylinder
brake lines
wheel
rotor
fork
am sure you can find all the parts used, Look on ebay or pinwall cycle

Jamming 02-12-2016 05:41 AM

Quick and easy..notice I'm not saying cheap...triple trees, forks, front master cylinder, brake lines, front wheel off a Hammer S or a Cross Country/Cross Roads.

Motorbikerx 02-12-2016 06:16 AM

My guess would be the Hammer S setup would be a straight bolt up.
Until I ran a tape over a XC/XR headstem and bearings I wouldnt know, measure up the next one you see.
Personally Id be on the lookout at insurance auctions for a Hammer S thats been hit up the arse,
Id get the whole complete front end as well as the 106 motor for mine and part out the rest of it.

Jamming 02-12-2016 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorbikerx (Post 1848289)
My guess would be the Hammer S setup would be a straight bolt up.
Until I ran a tape over a XC/XR headstem and bearings I wouldnt know, measure up the next one you see.
Personally Id be on the lookout at insurance auctions for a Hammer S thats been hit up the arse,
Id get the whole complete front end as well as the 106 motor for mine and part out the rest of it.

I thought that as well MB. Next time I'm at the Victory dealer I'll scope out the Hammer's headstem size.

visionjohnny 02-12-2016 11:29 AM

the triple trees are 50mm and the fit is

Year Product Model Assembly
2016 VIC HAMMER 8 BALL INTL/HAMMER S ALL OPTIONS (R01) SUSPENSION, FRONT FORKS - V16HA36/HS36 ALL OPTIONS (49VICFORKS11KP)
2015 VIC HAMMER 8 BALL/SPORT INTL SUSPENSION, FRONT FORKS - V15HA36/HR/HS36 (49VICFORKS11KP)
2014 VIC HAMMER 8 BALL/S INTL/S LE INTL SUSPENSION, FRONT FORKS - V14HA36/HS36 (49VICFORKS11KP)
2013 VIC HAMMER 8 BALL/S INTL SUSPENSION, FRONT FORKS - V13HA36/HS36 (49VICFORKS11KP)
2012 VIC KINGPIN SUSPENSION, FRONT FORKS - V12CB36NP/NPC/NPA (49VICFORKS11KP)
2012 VIC HAMMER S/8 BALL ALL OPTIONS SUSPENSION, FRONT FORKS - V12HS36/HA36 ALL OPTIONS (49VICFORKS11KP)

Honda East Toledo 02-12-2016 03:15 PM

I think I priced out a new stuff for another gent that was doing kinda the same thing, we stopped at $3400 and that was just left and right complete forks, front wheel, two rotors and some screws.

I myself looked into doing a wheel swap on a highball, gave up on that too.

Motorbikerx 02-12-2016 05:55 PM

Yeah its gotta be a wreck or a jappa front to be viable, where I come from.
Either that or TIGweld some lugs to our conventional forks and the rest is easy peasy.

AfterDarker 02-14-2016 05:38 AM

Thanks guys. It's do-able but expensive.
I am hoping to get a wreck, do it that way.. Otherwise a trade looms as that single disc up from just sometimes is not enough at speed. Had another "moment" today...