Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Forums Lounge (https://www.victoryforums.com/15-victory-forums-lounge/)
-   -   Chicago Shooting (https://www.victoryforums.com/15-victory-forums-lounge/35090-chicago-shooting.html)

LILMAGS500 07-07-2013 06:30 PM

Chicago Shooting

This past holiday 4th of July shootings in Chicago , just another travesty , All I would like to press upon is this; Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the country, yet the gun violence is off the charts. Certain people calling for tougher gun laws , well, you don't get tougher then Chicago yet their laws do nothing to reduce gun violence, all these gun control laws do is take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Law enforcement needs to get these illegal guns off the street by any means possible and lock up these gang bangers , and criminals... No more arrest and release , no more gun control, Chicago needs to put guns back in the hands of the good guys... PERIOD. (Yes, I am pro gun, and nothing will ever change that) The federal appeals court already deemed it unconstitutional to ban guns, and I believe Illinois is working it out. One can only hope.

Lance 07-07-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 (Post 325570)
This past holiday 4th of July shootings in Chicago , just another travesty , All I would like to press upon is this; Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the country, yet the gun violence is off the charts. Certain people calling for tougher gun laws , well, you don't get tougher then Chicago yet their laws do nothing to reduce gun violence, all these gun control laws do is take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Law enforcement needs to get these illegal guns off the street by any means possible and lock up these gang bangers , and criminals... No more arrest and release , no more gun control, Chicago needs to put guns back in the hands of the good guys... PERIOD. (Yes, I am pro gun, and nothing will ever change that) The federal appeals court already deemed it unconstitutional to ban guns, and I believe Illinois is working it out. One can only hope.

I think the NRA frequently lists worst crime stats in various cities and that the worst ones are those with the MOST gun control.

Arm EVERY law-abiding citizen... crime will plummet.

LILMAGS500 07-07-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 325634)
I think the NRA frequently lists worst crime stats in various cities and that the worst ones are those with the MOST gun control.

Arm EVERY law-abiding citizen... crime will plummet.

I couldn't agree more...cheers

RICZ 07-07-2013 08:35 PM

Have you ever noticed that when bad people do terrible things, its the good people who have to pay the price?

saddlebag 07-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 325634)

It's called lying by omission.

Big cities have the most gun laws. They also have the most gun violence that prompted those gun laws.

What happens when laws are enacted on a statewide basis?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/03/07/m...te-study-says/

"In the dozen or so states with the most gun control-related laws, far fewer people were shot to death or killed themselves with guns than in the states with the fewest laws, the study found. Overall, states with the most laws had a 42 percent lower gun death rate than states with the least number of laws."

The NRA could have made numerous correlations like "places with lots of highrise buildings have more gun crime." It would have been no less accurate or more meaningful, but they didn't because they aren't out to play silly games with statistics. They are out to sell an agenda that protects the industry that makes them wealthy. Protesting anything that might slow industry sales is the name of the game.;)

LILMAGS500 07-08-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddlebag (Post 325810)
It's called lying by omission.

Big cities have the most gun laws. They also have the most gun violence that prompted those gun laws.

What happens when laws are enacted on a statewide basis?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/03/07/m...te-study-says/

"In the dozen or so states with the most gun control-related laws, far fewer people were shot to death or killed themselves with guns than in the states with the fewest laws, the study found. Overall, states with the most laws had a 42 percent lower gun death rate than states with the least number of laws."

The NRA could have made numerous correlations like "places with lots of highrise buildings have more gun crime." It would have been no less accurate or more meaningful, but they didn't because they aren't out to play silly games with statistics. They are out to sell an agenda that protects the industry that makes them wealthy. Protesting anything that might slow industry sales is the name of the game.;)

Sorry, you are wrong again, first of all Illinois is state wide isn't it, and, you can have all the gun laws you want, the criminals will still have they're guns because criminals don't care about laws... Criminals will also use those guns against good citizens and police. In the media you only hear about gun violence, you never hear about the stories of the good guys thwarting crime with legal guns, or saving themselves or family from harm. Anti gunners don't want the common folks to hear anything good about guns, because it goes against their ultimate agenda, and we all know what that is. Forget the industry for a minute, what about the 85,000,000 people like me that want to own guns legally? We just want our rights protected, I'm not rich and I don't want my rights trampled. Sorry again , but guns for the most part are legal products to sell and market, just like the Vic you ride. Company's that don't sell their products, no matter what it is, eventually will go out of business and cost people jobs as well. P.S. I never mentioned the NRA, Lance did, and I realize they have their own agenda, I am a lifetime member and have been for 24 years, I believe they do help protect the 2nd , and they are on the side of pro gun lobbyists, something akin to democrats bending over for unions, to use your analogy...