Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Judge (https://www.victoryforums.com/74-victory-judge/)
-   -   Victory Judge Purchase - Feedback Welcomed (https://www.victoryforums.com/74-victory-judge/63738-victory-judge-purchase-feedback-welcomed.html)

RSA 01-20-2014 04:56 PM

Victory Judge Purchase - Feedback Welcomed

After riding the same bike for the last 28 years (a 1985 V65 Sabre), I've decided it's time to treat myself to a new bike, and I'm very interested in the Victory Judge.

I've already checked out the Judge at the Washington DC show last weekend, and have read a lot of info on-line about it. Next step is to do a demo ride to hopefully lock-in my decision.

Given I'm tall (just under 6'2"), I'm interested to find out about any mods/recommendations that will help provide a bit more leg room/comfort for longer rides. I.e., moving foot pegs further forward and possibly optional shocks that would raise the bike up without compromising on its looks.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Rob

GatorJoe 01-20-2014 05:18 PM

Test Ride it First .. Might find out don't need to do all that stuff .. Might fit you as is ..

mobgma 01-20-2014 10:58 PM

I am 6'3". 4" Forward pegs. I test drove the Judge and to me that was all it needed. So nice in red.

RSA 01-21-2014 11:10 AM

Looking forward to the test ride and when I sat on the bike at the Washington DC MC show, the fit wasn't bad. Just thought that with my feet on the pegs, it would be nice to have them just a bit further out.

RSA 01-21-2014 11:12 AM

Appreciate the recommendation on the forward pegs. Do you know if Victory offers these for the Judge, and if not, what's a brand that you would recommend.

Thanks,
Rob

newj64 01-22-2014 01:29 AM

20 Attachment(s)
Hey RSA

You should be able to put any other Victory peg mounts on the Judge. I don't know about the '14 but my '13 I had to get a Vegas Brake lever. I have Vegas Forward mounts on mine; it was real easy to do, hardest part was getting the pegs off the original mounts. I also installed a Progressive 1'' taller rear shock. It lifted the ass end up a little for a bit more lean angle. The Progressive shock also took out a lot of the spine jolt on pot holes and bridge gaps.

BBob 01-22-2014 02:46 AM

Kury has some heel rests for the pegs that really make a world of difference to me. Almost like having floorboards without the floorboard look.

I'd like to hear more about the Sabre. Twenty eight years is a long time to be riding the same bike; especially that model. How many miles are on it? Have you had to rebuild it? Got a picture to share?

saddlebag 01-22-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBob (Post 657490)
I'd like to hear more about the Sabre.

Ditto. Ya gotsta admire some monogamy like that. thumb up

RSA 01-22-2014 04:55 PM

Sabre Picture.

1 Attachment(s)
Hey newj64,

Being new to Victory bikes, I didn't know that peg mounts from other Victory bikes would work - a helpful tip, thanks. The dealer mentioned to me that the existing mounts could move fore of aft 4", but I didn't get a chance to verify that comment, and I'm not sure I believe it, so I plan to look into this further when I do the test ride.

Also glad to hear about the Progressive shock. I had read a review about putting in a taller shock to help with lean angles and also provide a bit more suspension. Do you know by any chance if the model is the 465 Series Long??

Thanks for the info
Rob

RSA 01-22-2014 05:42 PM

Thanks for the interest in the '85 Sabre. It's a great bike and I do plan on keeping it since it's in good shape and still runs great. It has 62K miles on it, and aside from putting a kit on it quite a number of years back to drive more oil to the top end since these V4s were know to wear prematurely near the piston heads, I've not had to do any other mechanical work to it. I have a back rack and back rest on it, but it was off for the time getting treated to a new paint job when this picture was taken. The seat is relatively new, and the looks aren't the best, but taking the bike on long trips is important to me, and being tall this is great for leg room.

Thanks and now I just have to convince my wife why I need 2 bikes - once I buy the Judge!