Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Indian Motorcycle forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/50-indian-motorcycle-forum/)
-   -   Trunk coming for chieftain (https://www.victoryforums.com/50-indian-motorcycle-forum/66689-trunk-coming-chieftain.html)

wkohn 02-10-2014 04:43 AM

Trunk coming for chieftain

Rumor is a trunk should be out by June for the chieftain.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Krisd 02-10-2014 06:08 AM

The more bits the better- can't wait to see new Ingin models either.

BBob 02-12-2014 07:21 AM

Lowers should be coming out soon as well I would think.

To be a true blue touring bike these days a trunk and lowers are standard.

Krisd 02-12-2014 03:18 PM

Bbob- do you mean lowers as in slammed?

BBob 02-12-2014 03:29 PM

Lower leg protectors. All touring bikes have them or they are baggers.

Krisd 02-12-2014 03:32 PM

Ahh- sorry- that is bagger talk, and not my forte....

Im following the Injins very closely, because I can see myself getting one......one day

navycraig 02-22-2014 04:49 PM

28 Attachment(s)
My buddy bought a chieftain today from Chesapeake cycle in Annapolis. Rode the indian and a Victory XC. He gave the edge to the XC for comfort, but said the smoothness of engine and transmission and handling went to the Indian...no contest.

saddlebag 02-22-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navycraig (Post 716874)
My buddy bought a chieftain today from Chesapeake cycle in Annapolis. Rode the indian and a Victory XC. He gave the edge to the XC for comfort, but said the smoothness of engine and transmission and handling went to the Indian...no contest.

I test rode a Chief Vintage. To me it felt like a Victory with a crappy seat and poor leg ergonomics. It felt like it had more low end power, but hit the rev limiter time and again, just as the party was getting started.

I read about the tranny being more Asian, but it felt like the same tractor gear box on mine to me.

It blew a lot of heat out on my right leg. My Vic doesn't do that.

It weighs more, has lesser suspension components, and is far less efficient.

Low speed handling is more clumsy and requires considerably more effort than my XR.

It runs tube tires.

Unless additional chromed parts, keyless ignition, and electronic bag locks are high on one's list of priorities, I don't see the attraction.

Corbin does make nice looking seats for them. I might like it better with one of those.

I hope our brand doesn't succumb to a lesser bike with a more popular name. But if it does, KTM has put out a something that makes me smile.

ronfox 05-13-2014 05:10 PM

any release dates for 2015

1 Attachment(s)
I test rode a chifton and loved it but didn't trade in 2012 xct wanted to check back this year.

wkohn 05-13-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronfox (Post 877953)
I test rode a chifton and loved it but didn't trade in 2012 xct wanted to check back this year.

What is a chifton?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App