Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads (https://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/)
-   -   What did you do to your Cross Bike today? (https://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/80521-what-did-you-do-your-cross-bike-today.html)

Creek_IP 05-10-2014 09:59 PM

Well, after a men's breakfast at church a few of us decided that we'd go for a ride since the weather was going to be good until around noon. We went to Defuniak Springs and stopped at The Corner Cafe for coffee and cake and the weather got bad early. We rode back in the rain and doggone it, everything on the bike worked again. I guess I'll clean it after taking my lovely wife to lunch tomorrow. Might even put a coat of wax on it of I'm feeling ambitious.

bdbaggr 05-10-2014 10:36 PM

installed bag and trunk liners

5 Attachment(s)
today i installed saddlebag and trunk liners purchased off ebay. first off ill say the folks that make the templates make them very well, they fit well and are laid out in a way that makes it obvious what and how they go together. and instructions are very good also.they are a bit pricey, but i knew that going in, so if you want a well fitting set of bag and trunk liners and dont mind spending close to two bills snap em up... i did some additional trimming and touch up glueing after these were taken, and all three are almost seamless. they really add a classy look to the bags, but be ready for a couple of hours of carefull detail work and taping/masking off bike to keep glue off. ( the glue is a high quality and does come off easily with mineral spirits.) i rate the product as an semi expensive b+

Donzo 05-11-2014 09:03 AM

those liners look great, like OEM! I have been thinking of getting some to improve the look of the internal bags and to protect my sun glasses or phone if they end up in contact with the sides of the bags (flopping around). i'm gonna order some. Nice job.
cheers

Creek_IP 05-11-2014 09:18 AM

Hey bdbggr,

Those liners look real good. Do they have a way to let water drain if something got spilled in there?

bdbaggr 05-11-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creek_IP (Post 873121)
Hey bdbggr,

Those liners look real good. Do they have a way to let water drain if something got spilled in there?

just stock bags... the kit comes with the liner material (think dash mat) cut into perfectly fitting pieces, and i mean they did their homework... cans of high quality glue (the glue can also be cleaned up easily) and very good instructions on installing pieces. when i purchased i thought it would be a precut drop in piece (didnt pay close enough attention) but their are several precut pieces that install in order to keep seams from being seen. it honestly looks much better in person than in the photos. all the pieces are flat, you spray each side and work the material into the irregular surfaces and it stretches just enough to stick and stay put in the nooks and crannies. but as for water drain, no, but they are easily cleaned if you spill something in there, i used mineral spirits to clean the glue off the material when i was done and it was a snap.

Donzo 05-20-2014 05:49 PM

For the FIRST TIME this year I pulled off the saddle bags and gave my rear tire, swing arm and D & D pipes a proper cleaning (drizzly day). I love the look of the Cross bikes but they have alot of "tupper ware" around the back end.
I also bled the front brake system - looked OK but better to be safe and it's cheap insurance.
cheers

4 inch pistons 05-20-2014 08:45 PM

https://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=84034

Too lazy to type all of this again. Sorry cheers

TNXR 05-21-2014 05:34 AM

I finally rode mine, been over 3 weeks now. Nice little after work ride to Boone and back.

cooper 05-25-2014 08:07 PM

bit more chrome

2 Attachment(s)
I added a master cylinder chrome cover, heal shifter, clutch cover, plate frame, block out plate and a new windshield. Dealer gave me a bit of a discount, but made the block out plate and power coated it.

TxClassic13 05-25-2014 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put on kuryakn kinetic floorboards , avon gatlin grips, LEDs, hid headlight, led bulbs in the driving lights, clear tank bra, NASCAR6 pipes, and a kuryakn clutch cover. And a Stebel air horn.
Pic of the floor boards installed. They look nice and my feet don't slide around anymore.