Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Tech and Performance Section (https://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/)
-   -   Aggressive Riding (https://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/83065-aggressive-riding.html)

T1TO 05-14-2014 12:57 PM

Aggressive Riding

Just wondering if anyone from the forums ride their Victory very aggressive. I used to ride a sport bike and I find myself riding my hammer very aggressive and at high speeds in the highway pushing it. Anyone ever messed up their engine because of this? I know cruiser bikes can't handle the abuse like crotch rockets or am I wrong?

broggyr 05-14-2014 01:17 PM

232 Attachment(s)
I think you'd be hard-pressed to mess up this Vic engine based on what I've read about reliability. One of the fellows here has many mods and big horsepower that is not only used for drag races, but it's a daily driver as well.

leighhannah 05-14-2014 01:30 PM

These motors can take a lot of aggressive use as long as they are well maintained regularly serviced. That being said, things can and do go wrong if abused by doing stupid crap like cold revving and speed shifting without the clutch, etc.

It's kinda like convincing your girl to try that thing you want to do. if you just go for it right out of the gate, your in for a nasty ride. But, if you treat her nice, get her all warmed up you'll be surprised what she's capable of.

T1TO 05-14-2014 01:51 PM

Nice to hear these bikes can handle the abuse. I open her up on the highway when it's clear :)

LILMAGS500 05-14-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1TO (Post 880201)
Nice to hear these bikes can handle the abuse. I open her up on the highway when it's clear :)

I pound on mine , raised pegs and all and I still drag them on the ground , routinely hit 110MPH , burn outs , front wheel off the ground at times , etc... Always maintained and always fully warmed up .thumb up I came from a 2008 ZX-10R , and I LOVE my Hammer .

T1TO 05-14-2014 02:19 PM

^ I have yet to do a burn out on my bike. lol

visionjohnny 05-14-2014 02:19 PM

You have less breaking power. So watch your self

ammo_umb 05-14-2014 02:21 PM

Hopefully you ex sport bike guys have figured out by now that shorts and flip flops aren't typical cruiser gear!

raYne 05-14-2014 02:39 PM

I have a 2005 Hammer (100 CI), which I bought used, and I ride her like I stole her. I currently have over 40k miles with just regular maintenance. I've had an R6 in the past, and also currently ride a Buell 1125cr (Rotax engine, not Sporty). The Hammer likes to cruise at 3.5K RPM, but seems to take well to high revs from time to time, and crotch rockets are more rev happy. Just make sure you do all the regular maintenance, and you'll be fine. I've pegged my speedo on the Hammer a few times and the Freedom 100/106 engines can take a lot of abuse. One thing about aggressive riding, don't expect too much MPG. I get about 30-35 +/- MPG and usually about 100 miles before my gas light comes on.

T1TO 05-14-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammo_umb (Post 880281)
Hopefully you ex sport bike guys have figured out by now that shorts and flip flops aren't typical cruiser gear!

Lol really? Me and my buddies ride with gear. Even when it's like 95 and humid out. It's funny you're saying that because it's always the cruiser or Harley guys that ride with No helmet, no jacket, in shorts with flip flops. I don't preach about gear anymore, you ride however you choose to ride. "To each his own" thumb up