Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Victory Gunner Forum (https://www.victoryforums.com/161-victory-gunner-forum/)
-   -   I bought my Gunner (https://www.victoryforums.com/161-victory-gunner-forum/91170-i-bought-my-gunner.html)

MalteseFalcn 07-02-2014 08:36 PM

I bought my Gunner

1 Attachment(s)
I had the pleasure of buying my Gunner two days ago! I had a truly great buying experience at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis, MD and then all smiles for my 120-mile ride home. Throughout my way home, I kept thinking, "There's a lot to like here!" thumb up

Mods and accessories on their way. :p

Tarzan 07-02-2014 10:07 PM

Nice. I rode a gunner at a demo. It is an excellent machine. Enjoy!

jmlmjmjm 07-02-2014 10:09 PM

Nice! Congrats on the new bike.

UncleWeebo 07-02-2014 10:09 PM

Glad to see some more Gunners on this forum!

triumph900 07-11-2014 08:50 PM

Great choice. Love mine.

Buellwinkle 07-18-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcn (Post 975106)
I had the pleasure of buying my Gunner two days ago! I had a truly great buying experience at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis, MD and then all smiles for my 120-mile ride home. Throughout my way home, I kept thinking, "There's a lot to like here!" thumb up

Wow, best wishes... I rode the Gunner at the factory ride here in Portland Oregon, what a mistake, I had to get a Victory after that, just got my XR one week ago today.... ride safe and enjoy... Jim

sand man 07-27-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcn (Post 975106)

Me too, bought my first Gunner yesterday, happy, happy, happy....I was wondering if anyone has any luck finding a driver back rest with out having to replace the whole seat? I got the solo red seat on order so want to use that with a back rest. I know, I have seen lots of complaints about the seat, but I'm going to give it a shot, being a lady rider maybe it won't hit me in the same spots. :)

sand man 07-27-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sand man (Post 1023722)
Me too, bought my first Gunner yesterday, happy, happy, happy....I was wondering if anyone has any luck finding a driver back rest with out having to replace the whole seat? I got the solo red seat on order so want to use that with a back rest. I know, I have seen lots of complaints about the seat, but I'm going to give it a shot, being a lady rider maybe it won't hit me in the same spots. :)

Oh, I guess I should also say that I hijacked my husbands account...he still has his Cross Country, I just traded my V-Star in for the Gunner.

MalteseFalcn 07-27-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sand man (Post 1023730)
Oh, I guess I should also say that I hijacked my husbands account...he still has his Cross Country, I just traded my V-Star in for the Gunner.

Congrats, yay you! thumb up

I love the red seat, to the point that it *might* have been early-release shots of the Gunner with that seat (the nice color contrast) that initially caught my eye with this model.

That said, the stock seat shape is indeed a bugger, not on the man-parts but the sharp rear lip on the lower back, so I opted to order a Corbin saddle instead of Vic's red solo seat. "Bomber brown leather" was the color I wound up with because they didn't have a red option the same as Victory. I'll post a pic after it arrives late this week. :)

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question about the backrest.

Buellwinkle 07-28-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sand man (Post 1023730)

Very happy for you, I know how much of a treat a ride on the Gunner is, I was not too happy with my BMW when the factory ride on the Gunner was over... Best wishes, ride safe and let us know how you enjoy your new bike.... the Gunner is a Great design Jim