Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this while on my quest for a better passenger seat. I received my bike third hand and the '99 service manual doesn't list this part. I know this question seems very dumb but can someone please tell me how this part works? It's listed as a Seat Strap. Does it make the passenger seat any easier to remove/put on than just bolting it from underneath the fender, which is a chore and a half is you don't have little girl arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
It actually bolts on top. The seat would slide through the loop and hook into the opening at the rear. Your seat should have a spur on it that would slide in there. I've cut and modded mine but it looks like it would be more the V92SC one piece seat. Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
813 Posts
Don't think you have to use the leather and strap. Just mount the plastic bracket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
361 Posts
99 & 2000 seats do not easily interchange. The 99's seat latch is at the back and they moved it to the front in 2000. It can be done but not without moving the latch mechanism or modifying the seat pan.

·
Registered
545 Posts
99 & 2000 seats do not easily interchange. The 99's seat latch is at the back and they moved it to the front in 2000. It can be done but not without moving the latch mechanism or modifying the seat pan.
Didn't know that so sorry for the wrong info on that part of it. Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I'll order a cheap one and how hard it would be. I really like the , 00 setup a lot more. It's the best alternative I've found so far. If I do I'll l post the results.

EDITED because of auto correct! Apologies to anyone who saw that. Wow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts