Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way back from street vibrations my clutch cable broke. The end nipple just popped off at the lever. Anyone know a good replacement and where to order one. Been having alittle trouble finding parts for the bike. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could only find one on ebay and it was 130 and i thought that was high. Is it common for the stock cable to break like this or is it safe to order a stock one?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Considering the cable is 14 years old it has had a good run...I have had good luck with J&P in the past.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You could also try Barnett. I've heard great things about their cables

Victory V92C Classic Cruiser (2001-2003) - Barnett Tool & Engineering

If you go the oem replacement route, get you a Save Ur Ride clutch cable from witch doctors. If you pop another cable you'll at least be able to ride while you wait on a replacement. I've also heard of people just running with the save ur ride cable for several years with no problem

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1133/victory-motorcycle-parts-black-vinyl-cables-king-motorcycles-ride-clutch-repair-sc-429/

·
Registered
682 Posts
I like that 2nd cable idea. It says its 71 inch, whats stock length?
Not sure what stock length is, but the save ur ride cable is more or less a universal clutch cable. You put it in place of the broken one and it has an adjustable clamp on the end that goes to the clutch arm and you tighten the clamp when you have the cable adjusted properly. The clamp end is the same thing as what ByteN2it carries with him

·
Registered
55 Posts
I broke a cable about 5K ago. The new one has kinked, and was already started to fray. My shop got me a new Barnett. It has a brass bushing that the barrel sits in instead of the clutch lever. It was $99.,and I had it installed when they solved my check engine flashing problem. See my check engine flashing post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts