Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 V92C. I put aftermarket drag pipes on it and a generic tune on the Power Commander. When I started it up, it was popping a little and backfiring occasionally (guessing due to it needing fine tuned) took it for a quick spin and it stalled out when down shifting. When I tried to start it back up, I got a check engine warning. I also got a "5 33E" code. Does anyone have any ideas what that code means and what caused it?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Pull the power commander off. Test the battery. Clean the plugs, or better yet replace them. Clean the throttle body. Clean the oil temp sensor. Start it up and check for intake air leaks. Check the charging voltage.

Sounds like you have several problems. My guess is some of it was the generic Power Commander map, some is charging voltage and battery condition, and some is dirty TB's and spark plugs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has new plugs and was running fine for a while before riding it. Now it won't even fire. Just rolls over. I'm going to call the Vic dealer and see if I can't get the actual code description. Everything you suggested needs done and I will do. But would it at least try to fire with those being dirty?

·
Registered
403 Posts
It might have something to do with the Power Commander and generic map. Either way too rich and fouled the plugs or way too lean and now it won't run.
Also make sure you connected the fuel return line under the tank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. It has sat all night and will have sat all day when I get home. So I will attempt to get it to fire with the PC off and see what happens. Is there a way to clear the code or will it clear once the problem is fixed?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok. It has sat all night and will have sat all day when I get home. So I will attempt to get it to fire with the PC off and see what happens. Is there a way to clear the code or will it clear once the problem is fixed?
It'll clear when the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After much troubleshooting and many headaches I have tracked the issue down to probably the first thing I should've checked. It turned out to be the fuel pump fuse. Now the question is why would it blow? Would the power commander trying to draw too much fuel overload it? I want to try to avoid this in the future. Any help, as always, would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's possible. I'll have to check before I put everything back together. Another thing I noticed was on both jugs, just above the gasket there is a tiny hole. What is that for?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Fuse could have blown for many reasons, either a rubbed wire or I have seen them lock up and blow the fuse when they fail.
The Power Commander wouldn't have overworked it.
The hole on the LH side if the cylinders is a weep hole for the spark plug tube. If one of the o-rings on the tube failed the oil would run out form there instead of filling the tube up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. I will definately explore the shorting wire theory. I don't think anything failed because it fired right up after replacing the fuse, but it's still possible. I'll keep an eye on it. I appreciate the help. You guys have done more in a day than my local dealer did in a week. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts