Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for a thread about this and cannot locate one. I am not really strong in the electrical department so I need to reach out for advice.

[/ATTACH]

Can i rebuild the connector? Do I replace the whole harness? I need some help. The O2 sensors have been unplugged since shortly after I bought the bike in 2017 and the rear jug was fine but the front one has corroded and when I installed the Llloydz VCF kit I wasn't able to install the O2 connector to the front harness because of this.

Skin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
I'm wondering how the heck it got that corroded in OK. Crazy.

Are two of the posts completely gone? I'm wondering if there's a chemical that dissolves the corrosion like CRC does on mineral deposits but that won't do any good if the posts are gone. Maybe something that dissolves the crap that builds up on battery posts.

If so then a good flush with water followed by some compressed air. Wearing safety glasses of course. Don't want any of that to get in your eyes.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering how the heck it got that corroded in OK. Crazy.

Are two of the posts completely gone? I'm wondering if there's a chemical that dissolves the corrosion like CRC does on mineral deposits but that won't do any good if the posts are gone. Maybe something that dissolves the crap that builds up on battery posts.

If so then a good flush with water followed by some compressed air. Wearing safety glasses of course. Don't want any of that to get in your eyes.
I was right along the same lines of what you're thinking but one of the posts is completely gone and another one may as well be. I am looking into options for fixes. I didn't cover the connector so it's my bad it got corroded. I ride year round so idk what they put on the roads but it did a number on this connection. Probably why my grip heaters got effed up and why now my horn quit working too.

Skin

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
In that case I'm thinking it might be possible to pull the remaining pins/posts out from the other side using that special tool electricians use for that then replace the posts and reassemble.

Replacing the entire harness would be a big job. Doable but big.

Yeah; must be something use on the roads there. Salt I guess but who knows what it mixes with.

These videos may help.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pulling+pins+on+electrical+connectors

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's not THE fix but it is A fix (temporarily at least) for this issue. I fashioned an "extended male" piece which i put in the 02 bypass pieces which come with the Lloydz VFC...it gave it enough room to make contact with whats left of the female connector. I cleaned the connector up as best I could and slapped her back together. I am afraid to take it back apart to get a picture since it is holding (for now) and not throwing the sensor code for the front jug. I will update if anything changes.

Thanks for the assist BBob

Skin

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
An option may be just cutting off the connector and adding/splicing on a pigtail. I believe the 2016+ 4-wire O2 sensors use the same connectors as a Chevrolet LS1 motored engine does. You might be able to find both sides of those pigtails a little more easily. Soldier, add dielectric grease, and heat shrink the splices.

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An option may be just cutting off the connector and adding/splicing on a pigtail. I believe the 2016+ 4-wire O2 sensors use the same connectors as a Chevrolet LS1 motored engine does. You might be able to find both sides of those pigtails a little more easily. Soldier, add dielectric grease, and heat shrink the splices.

Currently on eBay:

Definitely an option if my current "patch" doesn't hold. Thanks for the help.

Skin

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Contact Joe at cycle terminals. He has helped me many times figuring out what kind of connectors I have.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Contact Joe at cycle terminals. He has helped me many times figuring out what kind of connectors I have.
Nice! I never knew a site like that existed. I will give them a shout so I can do the correct repair, even though my rigged setup seems to work well :ltr:dance 1

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...The O2 sensors have been unplugged since shortly after I bought the bike in 2017 and the rear jug was fine but the front one has corroded and when I installed the Llloydz VCF kit I wasn't able to install the O2 connector to the front harness because of this...
Why are you connecting the O2 sensors? Lloydz' VFC III needs to connect to the front and rear cylinder injectors, not O2 sensors.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why are you connecting the O2 sensors? Lloydz' VFC III needs to connect to the front and rear cylinder injectors, not O2 sensors.
I wasn't connecting the O2 sensors. I was installing the little jumper plugs that come with the VFC which stop it from throwing the error codes.

Skin :wink

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I wasn't connecting the O2 sensors. I was installing the little jumper plugs that come with the VFC which stop it from throwing the error codes.

Skin :wink
Ahh, yes, the 2016+ do need those O2 resistors.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Indeed but I see where you what you were meaning. No worries. I wish I didn't have to worry about O2 sensors at all but it is part of my struggle.

Skin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts