Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 V92tc deluxe and removing the gas tank was a big gas spill mess. I followed the instructions of repair manual, but the gas wouldn't stop flowing once I disconnected the line from the rail. isn't this supposed to work only on vacuum? Also need another gas cap, because this one fell and broke in two pieces. Maybe if I can find only the insides of the gas cap would do.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The fuel pump assembly needs rebuilt. The fuel should not continue to leak out once the tank is removed. If it does that means there is some seal or component that is cracked and leaking fuel past.

The Vic Shop can rebuild your pump assembly for far less than the cost of new. Contact me if interested....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply. I agree that some seal or something isn't working properly. I think this bike is creating a personal relationship with me and wants to know where the luv is. She is pretty enough for me to take her tweaks away. Just hate these little surprises. Can't wait for the spring weather. Happy New Year

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's good to know where we can have things serviced. Can I get Rylan's information? Usually I do my own repairs, but I don't know how and where to get the repair parts. Thanks for the help

·
13,177 Posts
Yes for sure.
Clean your throttle body while you have the tank off.
Send Rylan your pump and have it done the first time right. If you screw up one o-ring you'll have to start all over.
Don't be cheap

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It's good to know where we can have things serviced. Can I get Rylan's information? Usually I do my own repairs, but I don't know how and where to get the repair parts. Thanks for the help
Rylan is Vicbuilder. His number is on his signature in the posts on this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts