Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing what seems to be a sound like a bad speedo cable
( knowing there's not one there ) out of the tranny when going between 15 and 30 mph when slowing down, clutch in or out. I can't hear it on acceleration due to engine noise. All gears are catching fine. The belt is tensioned correctly. I will hear it every once in a while at speed after I hit a bump in the road then it quiets down.
I'm open for suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Look behind the front pulley cover for signs of a rusty colored dust. The front sprockets are known for wearing against the splines on them, and there is a 10K service interval for removing cleaning, and re-locktighting the axle nut

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Look behind the front pulley cover for signs of a rusty colored dust. The front sprockets are known for wearing against the splines on them, and there is a 10K service interval for removing cleaning, and re-locktighting the axle nut
You need to jump on that inspection Frank, I heard no noise from mine was a day late and dollar short. Read this when you posted on the 16th and thought "Hmm, Im about 13K since my last 10K inspection" and was about to replace my rear tire so thought I would just do it all then. I was regretting that decision about 7:30 this morning coming home from work when the front pulley spun free. I quickly engaged the clutch and pulled off to the side for a nice, embarrassing ride home onto a flatbed wrecker (All my buddys seem to work day shift that have trucks or trailers).

So for KevinX, my question now would be about replacing the pulley and nut. The pulley does appear to have slight wear on it's spline I am guessing as it loosened up and I am ordering an OD pulley from John (JMJMJM). wanted to know if there was anything I should be looking at. The lock plate appears to be in good shape, it's two bolts were tight so nothing happened to it. Looking at page 282 package 11.5 I have done the drive sprocket inspection in accordance with 1-4 and there is no signs of seepage around the drive shaft seal. The nut appears on good shape, no wear or damage and wondered if you think its ok to reuse it. I looks like there was not enough lock tight to keep her in check and it simply backed off before the next inspection. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts