Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to victorys, but not riding, and looking to purchase the fore mentioned ride. With the exception of the regular maintenance, is there anything specific to this bike i should be looking out for? It's at a dealership and the asking price of 5999, I feel, is a bit steep. It has over 50k miles, but all maintenance records are available. Its a 1 owner bike with apparently over 9000 dollars in upgrades. This is a crummy pic, but gives you an idea. Providing that it runs great, should I get it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
First off, that is NOT a TC. The TC model has dual front disc brakes and different saddlebags than pictured. It is a C model.

What are the upgrades?

Do some more homework, this is not a 6k bike IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, thats good to know. Would it then be safe to assume that its not a "deluxe" as advertised? As far as the upgrades I dont have the full list but from what i could see; aftermarket bags, trunk with backrest, mustang seats, highway bar with pegs, passenger highway pegs, batwing style fairing with bags, heated seat and grips, lowered, rear mud guard, pipes, riders back rest, trailer hitch. I have yet to ride it or ask about performance upgrades. Friday after next I'm going in there with a wad of cash and to see if 50 franklins will put it in my garage.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Without starting the deluxe argument/thread again, yes it is a C that has owner modded. I would think 5k since it is not a TC but you like it. You can find plenty of TCs in the mid 5s with about 20k less miles if your looking for a TC 2003-2006, check cycle trader and don't let them play that deluxe card on you. Not to say that is a bad bike, sounds nice with the heated seat and grips however a dead give away on performance mods is the stock air box is still installed. That would have been the first to go IMHO. However, you have no where's to go but up. A set of torque tube intake will bring her to life and and adding a PCIII or VFC depending on what you want it to do would be the cheapest HP and torque you ever bought.

If you like the bike I would be pushing as close to 5k as I could.

For more info on the deluxe search the 92 forum for V92 deluxe thread. We covered it in great detail. Deluxe was a marketing bluf I think. Lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm with Tim on this, I would try for closer to 5 grand. 6k is steep, especially with that many miles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the v92 didn't happen. A friend wanted to stop by the local harley shop to look at a Kawasaki Nomad they had on special, and I ended up rolling out on a Yamaha Road Star. It was advertised at 5700 bucks, with 51k miles and no passenger seat. The salesperson saw me looking at it, and cornered me as my friend went to their accounting dept. I low balled him at 3000 bucks, and they bit. He grabbed the key for a test ride, and I immediately noticed the mileage; 15k miles. That thing rides like a dog scalded. Upon returning to the dealership, I unlocked the hardbags and found a Corbin pillion seat. So, I never even took a second look at the Victory.

·
13,038 Posts
That bike could coast you a good 15 hundred in up grades.
spend that money and get a newer model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts