Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've replaced an old throttle body boot, cleaned the injectors, new gaskets and o rings. It's still backfiring and hesitating to the point where it's unsafe to ride. I have not checked the fuel pressure yet. I have checked the coil, and I'm getting no resistance on the secondary side--zero reading. Any ideas or insights would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue 03 vegas. Checked fuel pressure and it was 30psi. I'm a auto mechanic by trade and and even a 20psi drop in fuel pressure can cause these issues on a full size vehicle. Usually more on the hesitation and misfire. I ordered a pump, regulator and strainers. They'll be here tomorrow. I'll give a update once I'm done. Most of my research on these is usually a cracked oring around the regulator causes a drop in fuel pressure. I also ordered the intake boot as well because mine is original and has cracks. Just hoping the seals around the plug and outlet line are fine because I couldn't find anything on them. Really is a pain in the tail to find parts for these bikes.

Another thing. Swing by AutoZone or another part store that does tool rentals and grab a fuel pressure gauge it's takes a Ford adapter. Smaller than the gm one. Usually the kit comes with 3 different ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The seals that go in/on the tank for the pressure line that feed the injectors. I ordered the pump, strainer, regulator, and new lines from Quantum. I hope it's a good pump. Honestly all aftermarket parts now a days are a gamble. You never know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The seals that go in/on the tank for the pressure line that feed the injectors. I ordered the pump, strainer, regulator, and new lines from Quantum. I hope it's a good pump. Honestly all aftermarket parts now a days are a gamble. You never know.
I just spent some time on Witch Doctors site. All the rubber pieces for the fuel pump in and on the tank is gonna be well over $100. The plug o-rings are $26 each. The pump, filters and regulator is $110 from Quantum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just spent some time on Witch Doctors site. All the rubber pieces for the fuel pump in and on the tank is gonna be well over $100. The plug o-rings are $26 each. The pump, filters and regulator is $110 from Quantum.
  • Subtotal:$111.79 USD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check the two vacuum caps on the throttle body right side theirs two. One of mine was cracked and about to fall off. Pretty sure it was leaking as
well. Here's a picture of the new pump rigged up. They only sent one strainer so I just ran the old ones. They're clean, but old. We'll see what happens. Regulator was loose and the seal around the pump wasn't holding it at all in the housing, pretty sure it was just leaking more than pumping.

Automotive lighting Gadget Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check the two vacuum caps on the throttle body right side theirs two. One of mine was cracked and about to fall off. Pretty sure it was leaking as
well. Here's a picture of the new pump rigged up. They only sent one strainer so I just ran the old ones. They're clean, but old. We'll see what happens. Regulator was loose and the seal around the pump wasn't holding it at all in the housing, pretty sure it was just leaking more than pumping.

View attachment 257379
Sweet !! Keep us posted !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts