Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine whistles at all engine speeds including idle. Anyone else ever experience this?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Dont know the answer but a friend of mine has a 07 Vegas doing the same thing, He has looked and looked but he can not tell were it is comming from

·
Registered
24 Posts
whistle

i've got a nasty whistle too, but only on accel when cold. don't have a clue what it is.08 vegas8ball

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
My engine whistles at all engine speeds including idle. Anyone else ever experience this?
You running stock exhaust? Does it change or get louder with rpm variations? What have you checked or changed?

Just taking a stab at it....would it be the fuel pump...normal noise? Maybe vacuum leak, I would suspect the bike running rough.
wac
If your running with stock exhaust, Victory's do tend to sound like sewing machines while running.:crzy:

·
Registered
24 Posts
whistle noise

it made the same noise with the stock exhaust as it does with my swept pipes,just can't pinpoint it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
whistle

it's loud as hell when it's cold, i'm thinking maybe something with the throttle body.

·
Registered
243 Posts
it's loud as hell when it's cold, i'm thinking maybe something with the throttle body.
just a thought, when the pipes were replaced the exhaust gaskets may not have been replaced or perhaps not tight enough, when cold more clearance , would equal more noise, when they warm up and expand, less clearance , less noise ? thats where i would start .

steve

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here, but I'll bet you are talking about a sound that is closer to a whine then a whistle. I'll also bet that if you squeeze your legs to the tank the sound is greatly diminished.

Assuming I am right; the noise is from the primary. Keeping in mind the primary on the Vic is gear driven, and not chain. Up until Vic moved to the 100" motors. They used straight cut gears, and they were noisy. The thinking by the engineers was that strength was the most important thing. So while it may whine.....It damn sure ain't gonna break

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an 07 8ball. I asked my dealer about a whirring/whine sound. I was told it was the cam shaft. I don't hear it when its warmed up or at high speeds... its part of the Vic flare...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I have an 07 8ball. I asked my dealer about a whirring/whine sound. I was told it was the cam shaft. I don't hear it when its warmed up or at high speeds... its part of the Vic flare...
As I said in your other thread. that guy needs to get off the crack pipe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
whistle

the guys i ride with call it more of a flutter,i guess you could say that,thanks for all the advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts