Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the evening taking bags and seats off to clean and wax under fender (serious build up under there) and other tins and plastics. Love the bike but considering some mods. Biggest is a batwing fairing. Not thrilled with the shield that came stock.

I have done a search and seen some pics, but curious if any new feedback on an 04 KP with 1 1/2 risers and installing a bat wing? Anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Would look great with a batwing or other type fairing (wide open customs, etc...) A google image search with kingpin fairing will give you some ideas. Kingpin is very versatile. Although you may want to consider looking at a 2012 or 2013 CC as it is model year end and good d get a good deal possibly

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to do the same to my 04. Also thinking of the Memphis bat-wing fairing and possibly hard bags with a new rear fender to suit...seen some nice jobs out there.
New XC would be nice but it would means a new loan and lots more money spend. My 04 with stage one runs great but needs some customizing...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jbb01, I am thinking bikenut65 and I might be on a similar page. As soon as my youngest finishes 3 more years of college, I might be in the hunt for another bike, for now, making due is my motto. Thank you also for the google image idea. Found some great pics.

Bbob, great advice also, found something (batwing) pretty inexpensive on the Dennis Kirk site.

Also forgot to mention my 04 isn't bone stock as it does have mustang seats (a first for me, and I am loving them).

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Not thrilled with the shield that came stock.
Why not thrilled? My guess is buffeting? Try some lowers first. Even with a batwing, air will come up from under the tank and yank your head around. You'll want them even if you decide to go batwing. Might as well give them a shot before spending a bunch on a new fairing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NJ8BALL-excellent pic and look I am trying to achieve with batwing at least. Your other mods are very nice.

Saddlebag, honestly no buffeting so far. I just really don't like the look of it and I am kind of a bigger guy. So maybe the batwing won't make my butt look big. LOL. More than anything, just a preference.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have a Wide Open Customs fairing for my Kingpin. I don't have it installed now, but if you look at my avatar, you can see it. It makes the bike look way better.And I love the wind management. I'm considering fabbing up some brackets to replace the Vic fairing I have on my Cross Roads with the WOC.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
FWIW,
My friend has a 2010 Kingpin with a Memphis Shades Batwing, he has had nothing but problems with it, more specifically the brackets don't hold very well. Whenever he takes the bike up past 80, the whole fairing begins to shift due to the bracket and clamps set up. Under 80, he is thrilled with it, however, we tend to push past 80 often. FYI, he has just replaced the brackets and clamps with same results. Just saying.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I had similar problems initially. I repositioned the mounts, and made sure they were right.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rumrcity, I will keep that in mind and the positioning of the brackets as well as it was mentioned. Tarzan, thanks brother, now you have me off and looking in another direction. But a nice looking shield. I hope to do something in the next month or 2. Even here in KS we tend to have a few days a month at 40+ degrees in the winter. I have never been one to put my bike on a battery tender, I ride it year round.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Never had an issue with my Memphis shades bat wing at high speeds. Just take your time when putting on the brackets. Alignment can be a little trick and time consuming. Makes a lot of difference. Took it off for a ride today And boy what. A difference with the wind and noise. Never coming off again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also have a WOC fairing and really like the wind management, looks and music. What I hate is the wobble I get at high speeds. I guess it's a trade-off but still wish it wasn't there.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Here is what I been eye ballin'...I'd really like to start with the saddlebags (not sure if they'd work with my x-bow exhaust). But anyway, check out the fairing and trunk!

If you ask how much these cost, don't even bother looking at the site because they aint cheap. But they sure is purdy

http://www.corbin.com/polaris_victory/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts