Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front turn signals [again] on my '04 Touring Cruiser. The OEM are cheap plastic prone to electrical problems and the screws strip and the lens will fall out.

Are there any quality aftermarket turn signals that will fit?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Are you specifically looking for a newer style such as smaller or LED? I went through the same dilema having repaired one of them a dozen times finally replacing both. I personally liked the look and quality of the HD TS and found a couple threads telling how to do it. Picked up two used TS on Ebay and the rest of the parts at homedepot/truevalue hardware. Easy one day job, improved brightness, chrome is nice and beefy and I can use the 1157LL bulbs so HOPEFULY wont be changing the bulbs out any time soon. Plus it keeps the styleof the TC I think. Heres the link, good luck and keep us posted w/pics of your final outcome!

Tim

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11593

·
Registered
352 Posts
With a little ingenuity you can make anything work on there. When I got my bike, the front and rear signals were junk, I found what I liked on JP cycles and made stand offs for them. JP rocks for selection.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
With a little ingenuity you can make anything work on there. When I got my bike, the front and rear signals were junk, I found what I liked on JP cycles and made stand offs for them. JP rocks for selection.
Cornfed, Im in work on something like that for an additional set of driving lights frame mounted. Looking for the HID type light that doesnt swing with the bars. Plus better Vis.

SofaK, if you want to do the HD TS, check EBay for DUAL filliment front something like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Round-Front-Turn-Signals-Touring-Bagger-Ultra-Classic-Road-King-/261065489662?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc8b73cfe&vxp=mtr

Click the link in the previous post that gives most of the detail how to do it I summed up from some other riders and their installs. The only other thing you will need is the mounts. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Turn-Signal-Mounting-Bracket-For-Harley-Davidson-FL-OEM-68519-68-/370576050983?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56480dcb27&vxp=mtr

Good luck and lets see some before and afters when your done!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Tim - I think I get something similar. The ones on linked are already sold but I took Cornfed's advice and found the same in aftermarket at JP. A little more than ebay but less than half of Vic OEM and not plastic.

thanks gentlemen.

Tim

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cool stuff tim I appriciate the info too. I am going to the Roar on the shore in Erie, Pa. Maybe I'll see some parts for sale there. :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Cool stuff tim I appriciate the info too. I am going to the Roar on the shore in Erie, Pa. Maybe I'll see some parts for sale there. :D
Keep an eye on ebay.. I know they just parted out an 05 TC about a month ago..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts