Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swapping out the ness bars for some 14 inch FMB apes bought a set of stock risers and the stud is to big to go through the existing bushings in the triple tree. So my question is their a bushing kit I need to buy or modify the original?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I am swapping out the ness bars for some 14 inch FMB apes bought a set of stock risers and the stud is to big to go through the existing bushings in the triple tree. So my question is their a bushing kit I need to buy or modify the original?
I bought cheap-ass HD risers that fitted my HD handlebars perfectly .... On my Jack-hammer , ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Shoot. I didn't realize they had that long tube on the bushings. Probably need to get risers that'll fit or bushings that will unless you think they are close and just need a little bit more to fit.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
So I removed the tube and drilled out the bushing caps just slightly fits perfectly 90% of the aftermarket ones dont come with the tube so I figured it would be ok.
I think i used the victory rubbers & bushings on HD risers & handlebars, i fitted perfectly, guess i was just lucky .... The imperial treaded riser bolt is almost the same diameter as the metric vic riser bolt, so it fitter just fine

The HD handlebar was too narrow for me, so i took a SOLID cold rolled roundbar and machined very heavy extensions, that act like endweights

I also had to machine the grips from HD to mach the vic trottle housing

Some pictures for you IMG20170831172932.jpg IMG20171206163741.jpg IMG20180119103955.jpg IMG20171206135203.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
So I removed the tube and drilled out the bushing caps just slightly fits perfectly 90% of the aftermarket ones dont come with the tube so I figured it would be ok.
now them are real Apes..none of this mini-ape ****....Koolaz!:devil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts