Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently picked up a low mile 05 Hammer from a dealer that sells bank repos. My only knowledge of Vics is what I've researched and the work I've done. The bike already had the airbox removed, so I ordered a set of torque tubes(sweet). First: In the process of pulling the throttle body I came across a broken cable that attaches to the right side of the throttle body. It doesn't appear to be the actual throttle cable since the throttle still works. I just need to know what this cable is called and what it does Second: there are two vacuum ports on the right side of the throttle body with nothing attached to them and I have no clue where or what should go there. Third: there are two loose pigtails that have no home. one is a flat 3-pin with a purple boot and the other is a flat 2-pin with a blue boot. I'm clueless as to what these should go to. Everything else was plugged in its appropriate place. It seems to me the dealer kinda screwed me on some parts, but hopefully some of you guys with some experience can lend some advice.

Philthy

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
First: In the process of pulling the throttle body I came across a broken cable that attaches to the right side of the throttle body. It doesn't appear to be the actual throttle cable since the throttle still works. I just need to know what this cable is called and what it does
Fast idle lever for cold starts. Left Handlebar between the switch housing and the clutch perch...

Second: there are two vacuum ports on the right side of the throttle body with nothing attached to them and I have no clue where or what should go there.
They need cap-offs on them. Those barbs just need to be capped off tightly.

Third: there are two loose pigtails that have no home. one is a flat 3-pin with a purple boot and the other is a flat 2-pin with a blue boot. I'm clueless as to what these should go to. Everything else was plugged in its appropriate place.
I have no clue... May not go anywhere. Picture might help...

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is an 08 manual but it might help

·
Registered
236 Posts
Manual is to big here is the link
My Files

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Total of 3 cable to TB assembly. Fast idle, pull throttle cable and push throttle cable.

And as mentioned, all non used vacuum ports need to be capped off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Total of 3 cable to TB assembly. Fast idle, pull throttle cable and push throttle cable.

And as mentioned, all non used vacuum ports need to be capped off.
Must be the push throttle cable since the other two are good. Kinda scratching my head on this one. What's it for and is it really necessary. Thanks all for the tips on the caps btw.

Found out the pigtails are for the IAT sensor and "MAP" sensor, yes that's with quotes because nobody can call it a MAP. Being before the throttle plates it doesn't measure manifold pressure. This being said, Do I just need to go out and buy new sensors, plug them in and zip tie them to the frame out of sight. One would think Lloydz would've thought this through a little better.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Must be the push throttle cable since the other two are good. Kinda scratching my head on this one. What's it for and is it really necessary. Thanks all for the tips on the caps btw.

Found out the pigtails are for the IAT sensor and "MAP" sensor, yes that's with quotes because nobody can call it a MAP. Being before the throttle plates it doesn't measure manifold pressure. This being said, Do I just need to go out and buy new sensors, plug them in and zip tie them to the frame out of sight. One would think Lloydz would've thought this through a little better.
Sensors being connected and zip tied to the frame, although not accurately taking readings, does allow for ECM to not throw trouble codes and helps in the mapping or dyno tuning.

Whom ever removed stock box, should have simply zip tied and not removed them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sensors being connected and zip tied to the frame, although not accurately taking readings, does allow for ECM to not throw trouble codes and helps in the mapping or dyno tuning.

Whom ever removed stock box, should have simply zip tied and not removed them.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. I will purchase the sensors and do just that. Is it also common practice to wrap them in something to prevent contamination? Just fyi I did already purchase a new hacker exhaust and AFC.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. I will purchase the sensors and do just that. Is it also common practice to wrap them in something to prevent contamination? Just fyi I did already purchase a new hacker exhaust and AFC.
No need to wrap them with anything. Simply position the openings facing rear of bike or towards TB assy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
One of you can surely extract the pages he needs and e-mail them to the man... we are all sitting at a computer a lot, right? Who has a service manual?
Half Crazy, you ain't that crazy, that's a good idea

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts