Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the TPS on my 05 is going out, but I want to test it before replacing. Does anyone know the voltage readings at closed and wide open throttle?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I think the TPS on my 05 is going out, but I want to test it before replacing. Does anyone know the voltage readings at closed and wide open throttle?
Thanks.
TPS is measured with resistance, and not voltage. That said I have never had one fail a test, and yet I have fixed a bunch of bikes by replacing one

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think I should replace it without testing the readings?
I read an article about using a multimeter to test closed throttle through wide open voltage....but I don't know what those are for my particular application.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randomly stalls during taking off or coming to a stop, surging when staying at one speed.

·
13,047 Posts
have you ever cleaned the throttle bodys
witchdoctor has a how to video

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you ever cleaned the throttle bodys
witchdoctor has a how to video

Yes I have cleaned the throttle bodies, cleaned the air filter, changed plugs, did a hard reset on PC3 and reloaded the map, checked fuel pressure.
I'm really running out of ideas on what the issue is. Figure $35 for a new TPS is worth it, but I want to check the readings first.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Randomly stalls during taking off or coming to a stop, surging when staying at one speed.
Sounds like you may be running lean with the surging. You may want to consider adding a fuel controller . I had similar issues with my Kingpin surging at slow speeds and shutting off when stopping on occasion. The fuel controller cured that. Also had a bad tps. I would have almost like a flat spot just off idle, very slight. I checked the tps for resistance, not voltage. Can't remember exactly but the resistance should either increase or decrease as you open the throttle.I had a small drop off just off idle, right where most of the wear will occur. I was told a bad tps on an 04 was uncommon, mine was bad. I'm sure more members will chime in, good luck.:wink

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you do remove the tps one of the screws is real hard to get at. Just drill a small hole threw the corner of the airbox to slip the allen wrench thru, easy enough to epoxy the holes when done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts