Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently had a good amount of work done on my bike because it was stalling from a cold start and after warm and wouldn’t idle properly. I put in new plugs, flashed the ECM, new intake manifold because it was cracked and not sealed after 13 years, and a new fuel pump.

After all this work I still have a problem with stalling,only after the bike warms up. She idles nicely and starts up quickly when cold but after a nice highway run she gets pretty hot and stalls at lights. I’m thinking that it may have something to do with a warping and too much air at the head gasket or something to that effect?

I was so happy to get her out on the road after being in the shop for a month to no avail.... Anyone have an idea? Thanks

·
13,003 Posts
Where do you live. What dealer did the work. If a head gasket was bad you would hear it hiss. Do you have a fuel tuner. Could be a bad flash to the ECM

Write Rylan and tell him all he will get back to you but it might be a day or two. Tell him who did the work.

[email protected]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you live. What dealer did the work. If a head gasket was bad you would hear it hiss. Do you have a fuel tuner. Could be a bad flash to the ECM

Write Rylan and tell him all he will get back to you but it might be a day or two. Tell him who did the work.

[email protected]
Thanks visionjohnny. Appreciate it man 🙂

I live in St. Louis. Dave Mungenast Motorsports in SouthCounty works on
my bike. Nick and Steve are the mechanics. I don’t hear a hiss but I may not know what I’m trying to listen for. I don’t have a feul tuner either.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recieved an email from Rylan. I sent him my original post. He said I should check fuel pressure. Sometimes a new pump system can be faulty. Pressure check is pending. Will get back. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A follow up:

Dropped the bike off at the shop Wednesday after an exhilarating highway ride. The bike was acting and sounding great and I was starting to think I was crazy.
I called in this afternoon and talked to the mechanic who parlayed a similar story about riding my bike and experiencing a stall. Good, I’m not totally nutz. In his words, “I had a great ride on the highway and through the neighborhood until I got to a light. The engine light flashed and the bike miss fired and dropped a cylinder.
No codes were thrown so this is kind of frustrating....”

The mechanic wants to see if Polaris can give him a direction to look. The fuel pump is good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully these next steps work.
Picking the bike up this afternoon.
1.Reflashed to stock to reset.
2.Flash to stage 1
3.Reset TPS to zero point.

I’ll let y’all know how it go’s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts