Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I know im not the first. how did you change out the bulb in the tail light? My running light and brake light aren't working, blinkers work. Already checked fuses and voltage( 20v after the connector). To me it looks like you have to order the whole tail light assy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what can I rig up?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Chrome Glow...

Check out www.chromeglow.com. They have a replacement/upgrade taillight available for like 70 bucks. All it is basically is 25 LED's wired to a round board. Get yourself a hole-saw, make a hole in your taillight housing and epoxy into place. Wire it up to your tail light leads and you are good to go. Took me a half hour to fix mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks just ordered that, saved me some money bro so I appreciate it!!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I had one of those round units that mounts in a hole you cut in the back of the light ,on my Pin. People kept telling me they could hardly see my brake light in the day time.I just replaced it about a month ago with an 09 tail light and the difference is huge.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Thanks just ordered that, saved me some money bro so I appreciate it!!
Hopefully that will work for you....if you decide to do the actual much brighter conversion....I may be able to help.cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had one of those round units that mounts in a hole you cut in the back of the light ,on my Pin. People kept telling me they could hardly see my brake light in the day time.I just replaced it about a month ago with an 09 tail light and the difference is huge.
Mine works fine...bright enough I think and much brighter than the one LED set-up that was standard. I would like to upgrade to a newer style light one day but at over two bills with the 12 volt converter, I could find better ways to spend the money. To each his own I guess

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out www.chromeglow.com. They have a replacement/upgrade taillight available for like 70 bucks. All it is basically is 25 LED's wired to a round board. Get yourself a hole-saw, make a hole in your taillight housing and epoxy into place. Wire it up to your tail light leads and you are good to go. Took me a half hour to fix mine.
I get the new lights in tomorrow and just want to make sure this is simple wire and go. I don't need anything more than what comes in the mail tomorrow?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I get the new lights in tomorrow and just want to make sure this is simple wire and go. I don't need anything more than what comes in the mail tomorrow?
All you need is a hole saw and a drill. Make sure the hole saw has the fine teeth on it for plastic. The ones with the bigger teeth will make a mess.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man, light should be in today. I swear I've become a victory tech when it comes to electrical issues with this bike. Ill post some pics of the light installed so everyone can see the brightness and compare

1 - 11 of 11 Posts