Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just upgraded the stock front turn signals to bullet LEDs and I added a load equalizer (MBW LR10) because I already had the rear LED light bar. I double checked the right front power wire and it was crossed so I lined up the blue/red with the black to be correct.

When I turn my turn signals on in either direction, I basically get hazard lights, both sides blinking. The rear LED light bar has the correct side a little brighter than the side that shouldn't be lit up. The fronts are equally bright. I can't figure out what I did wrong. I disconnected the rear fender electrical connection and the fronts continue to do the same, so I had to do something wrong but I can't figure out what. The LE looks right, the signals were not complicated. Anyone know what might cause this behavior?

I just found a new issue. My tail light (just replaced with an 09 ness 12v tailight) isn't working properly either. I added the 12v adapter but it only turns on when I depress the brake, it doesn't turn on otherwise. I must have screwed up the load equalizer but I looked again and it looks right.

UPDATE: It's definitely something to do with the load equalizer. I disconnected it and the blinkers work correctly, they just blink fast. I have the yellows on solid blue and blue with red strip and the black is on black, that's right, right? I'm looking for my LE directions again. My rear tail light still won't come on without depressing the brake, that seems to be a separate issue.

·
13,188 Posts
who's load equalizer is it and maybe its not the right one.
what do you have for checking power and ground

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's the MBW LR10 bought from custom dynamics. http://www.customdynamics.com/victory_jackpot_parts_accessories_led_lights.htm#Victory_Turn_Signal__Load_Equalizer_w/connectors_

I'm really thinking it's defective because if I only hook up a single yellow with the black, it doesn't change the blinker speed but doesn't cause everything to blink at once. It seems like there is a short across both yellows. I just tested the two yellows and I have continuity across them, that would seem to indicate that is the cause of the short, right? Does that conclude it's defective?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts