Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of show chrome torpedo LED turn signals that I wanted to use to upgrade the ugly front stock turn signals on my 06 Jackpot. I've seen others install them on the rear bolt of the lower triple tree but you can't screw it in tightly. I'm clearly missing something simple, maybe I just can't use these there and I need a bracket. Ideas, thoughts, opinions?

Here is one I saw that I liked that I was trying to copy:

·
13,188 Posts
maybe put a nut on turn signal screw it down tight then use the nut to lock it down

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A nut would be too big, the bolt that is there is a 6mm allen wrench and the head of that bolt is about 1/2 in diameter.

I found these but they are in nylon:

The ones on ebay are all 5/8" OD and that is too big.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Tri, any luck? I sent you a PM.
I ended up buying these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250885200292

They have an OD of 1/2" and a total height of 5/8". They will need to be drilled out to allow the bolt to slide through and I was thinking about polishing the hell out of them and putting a clear coat on the outside to make them look(and stay looking) like chrome. I only need two, so if anyone wants some, let me know. I should have gone with some a touch shorter, maybe 1/2" tall, so I could put a lock washer in underneath. I figure with that and some blue lock tight I should be able to get them pointing in the right direction and keep them there.

I will post pictures one I get them in, drilled out, polished and installed. That should be by the end of this coming weekend.

·
13,188 Posts
use clear finger nail polish then you'll have enough for touch up as time goes on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The spacers came in and weren't badly oxidized so I decided to skip the polishing to near chrome step. As you'll see there is only a very small amount of spacer, and from the rear only showing.

The first picture is how they came from the ebay auction

As suggested I applied some clear nail polish to make sure they didn't continue to oxidize.

When I put them on I used a 1/2 lock washer to give me a little flexibility as far as tightening the turn signals. The lock washer is on the inside which is hidden, followed by the spacer:

From the front you can't see the spacer at all. The lights look great and they are far brighter than the old ones. This was prior to wiring.

·
Registered
742 Posts
They look great and SO much cleaner than the stock signals.thumb up

Did you thread the mounting stem of the new signal directly into the lower bolt of your triple? In other words, how is the new sig attached exactly?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the new signal came with a 8mm thread post and I tightened it right in, extremely snug when facing the right direction so it's a perfect fit. Whatever spacers you use, they MUST be 1/2" in diameter. My father had a pair of chrome 1/2 H x 9/16 OD x 5/16 ID spacers off his yamaha and they were too big to fit in the recessed bolt hole. I had to drill these out with a 5/16 bit but other than that they were good to go. I'll take some finished pictures tomorrow that shows the side view and wiring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the top view on the right side with the wiring complete, there is no facny way to hide or run the wiring up. I think it looks pretty comparable to the first photo that I was trying to emulate. I just added shrink tubing around the wire to make it consistent, I think it came out nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts