Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I installed a S&S intake and had the dealer install the 05 hammer drag map. (kevinX recommended) Dealer installed the map and i asked about the TPS if it needed adjusted due to the map change and they said it ran fine so it didnt need the TPS adjusted. I have rode the bike all this summer with no issue's at all. Runs really strong and gets around 45mpg. plugs dont look to bad, alittle black on the inside of the plug but nice brown burn on the white section. Problem i have is i have had a few people now in a poker run tell me that when im in lower rpm at lower speeds they say the exhaust, gas smell is pretty strong from the bike. I have also noticed that when the bike is cold i can smell it pretty strong as well and my rpms on the tach will vary up and down alittle around 800-1000 rpm. Once it is warmed up though the idle will smooth out to right around 950-1000 rpm and sounds fine. So im guessing my TPS does need adjusted since i do believe it is just a tad bit rich. Checked for air leaks around the TB and all is good there so im sure its not a air leak. Any one else think this sounds like my issue?
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas???

·
Registered
156 Posts
I seem to remember in a previous thread Kevinx commenting "if it ain't rich, it ain't right" From your comments the bike seems to be running good , why mess with it based on comments from other riders that are behind you in a ride. The idle speed sounds right your getting great mileage and no popping or other issues..............why mess with it ,ride and enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts