Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have on 06 kingpin and im not saying this is what it is this is just the scenario... i decided to run 20/50 amsoil to make the motor a little quieter... since then as my bike warms up the signals progressivly quit working... fron two quick flashes to one solid long flash then to nothing... shut the bike of and restart it and while sitting still hit the turn signals... they work. Roll the bike a foot and there screwed again... its been at a dealer now for a week and they have gone threw the entire harness checked everything and there stumped... ive since gone back to victory oil and plan on dumping it after 100 km... and using victory oil again and crossing my fingers it works... ive put three speed sensors in the bike and am fed up with buying them every week? any info? ideas? the dealer checked grounds on everything had the harness right appart checked resistance and everything is good... Bike has 21000 km on it.

Any info would be great... sorry if its scattering your mind reading it but wow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well once agin my bike has killed another speed sensor... Talked to a guy in the tri cities and the first thing he asked was did you ever run a different oil other than victory... Yep I did I ran amsoil for about 100 miles before this all started... So that's two dealers that said no to anything but victory oil... So I'm at Olympia Washington with a cooked speed sensor... This is 4 sensors shot in just over a year or about 2500 miles... I am now anti amsoil I talked to a rep about it and he seemed insulted that I figured his product is wrecking my bike... But what else could it be. So I'll be riding today until I find a dealer in Washington so I can once again put another speed sensor.... Thanks amsoil

·
13,185 Posts
Have you checked the battery. Is it the one that came with the bike.
I'm thinking you have a power wire that some how is touching ground and shorting out the sensor.
oil is oil conventional oil has molecules that go every witch way synthetic has molecules that go it straight line.
So I would start looking at wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts