Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have just brought the 06 cory ness jackpot, Iam in New Zealand ...the bikes in California! ...Iam picking it up in August to ride to Sturgis...5 months seem SOOOO long.
I sold my 2001 ST4s Ducati to buy a Harley Roadking for the trip ...then i saw the Jackpot..WOW...read a heap of articles ...They had justed reviewed the 09 in the local bike mag ...Raved about it in all aspects ...I had to have one! ...well thats enough backgroung manure!
My question is
1: What exhaust are standard on the Ness edtion?...going by pics and info posted by daimondd they apear to be stage one slipons?

2: If so will it have the air box and remap to go with them from stock?

3: If not which are the best after market pipes for preformance and which controller ( i wont have time to dyno her as i will have a day to fit pipes etc then i have to hit the road to sturgis )

Cheers Mark

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
All Victory's have the STOCK exhaust and intake including the Ness. You will have to put another one on. Saying that, there are a LOT of options out there now. For power 2 inot 1 exhausts yield the most power. There is Bassani, Car Chemistry, RPWUSA.

Here is the problem you are going to run into. As of January 09 you cannot get the downloads for California bikes. The bikes are defined by VIN. The option you have is buying a fuel controller. I would recommend the VFCII by Lloydz. Buy it here and check out all the other goodies!! Also you have KevinX here THE Victory mechanic and Lloyd himself who is a very personable guy.

Where are you picking up your bike. Would like to welcome you to Cali when you get here.

http://quickvic-usa.com/

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mate
The bike i belive is from Arizona??? will check.
Yes i have been reading and though Bassani 2 - 1 and an s&s intake with the Llyods controller....BUT I read you have to cut the frame to get it on !! definatley not keen on that...Main reason is when i ship it to NZ i have to get it complienced , which is basically the government stripping , inspecting and measuring it ...if ANY thing is modified on the frame ( to an extent the exhaust as it must be no louder than stock ) they will basically make me jump through a 100 hoops and get it pu back to stock , THEN have a repairs certificate completed by an engineer, then back for re complience...read between the lines 1 : MONEY 2: Time 3; NOT worth it! LOL

Iam more preformance orintated ..BUT Its still got to look good so what do you think of the 2 - 1 down curved pipe from RPM Big slash?
What i really liked about Llyods was his honesty in posting figures and not just pumping his product ( S&S intake and bassani figures) there are not many who are not self promotion FIRST then the truth!
So IF i buy it will definately be from him no question.

My thinking is i may just ride it stock , buy the parts and fit them when i get home.

The bike will be being stored in Santa Fe Sprins at a friends shop.
I arrive August 5th and am going to ride out on the 6th or 7th for Sturgis via San fran , reno etc ( thats the plan this week LOL ) any surjestions on roads to ride will be GREATLY appreciated ...have in mind the beartooth highway ....the national motorcycle meusum....maybe Harley factory ( sorry still love the look! ) We have only 30 days so will be riding hard from place to place!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'm in Northern California. Let me know when you are in San Francisco. I am SURE that one of if not all three of the Northern California Victory clubs will ride part if not all the way to Reno with you. I know I will try and ride with ya.

·
Registered
243 Posts
congratulations mate, that model is a nice ride, i agree , with what has been already posted keep her stock till you get her home, santa fe springs is in southern ca. give me a call when you get in, ill help you navigate the area.

steve 949 / 588 - 0652

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Kevin...Whats the mechcanics name or business and where in NZ is he ?
I will probably do most of it myself as i LOVE that part of the bug as much as ...well ALMost as much as riding! But its always good to get advice from those that have the working knowledge.

It would be awesome and an honor to ride with the club or anyone who wants to ....we dont get that many large groups riding down here ( only the patched ones! ) normally just a two or three of us ....although we just rode to the government buildings and protested about road taxes ...that was a buzz there was 12000 of us!...sounded wicked!:rolleyes:
Posted some pics in album

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Stevie
Yeah mate will give you a ring ..unfortunatly will only be around for a day or so as i have to hit the road to get up to sturgis and beyond....I really am buzzing about riding the USA!! YAAAHOOO...Its been a dream / want since i read my first Live to Ride mag!!!
Bikes being picked up next day or two!!....wont stop worring untill its at my mates warehouse!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hey Kevin...Whats the mechcanics name or business and where in NZ is he ?
I will probably do most of it myself as i LOVE that part of the bug as much as ...well ALMost as much as riding! But its always good to get advice from those that have the working knowledge.

It would be awesome and an honor to ride with the club or anyone who wants to ....we dont get that many large groups riding down here ( only the patched ones! ) normally just a two or three of us ....although we just rode to the government buildings and protested about road taxes ...that was a buzz there was 12000 of us!...sounded wicked!:rolleyes:
Posted some pics in album
I'll get you his info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts