Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to disconnect lines to put in judge controls. But for the life of me I can't booed the freaking brakes. Followed service manual with no luck ( i might have missed something reading it on my phone)
http://www.granitestatechapter.com/mydata/05-06 Hammer_06 Jackpot_Service_Manual.pdf
Page 370 or so. Brakes (rear) don't get hard at all

I can bleed the reservoir
[IMGhttp://www.thevog.net/attachments/img_1453-jpg.327441/][/IMG]
but nothing past it, disconnected lower hose and little to nothing pumps out from the master cylinder.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Try lifting the reservoir and hose above the caliper or bleeder screw. Some reverse bleeders or pressure bleeders won't work if it sits lower.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering torching her

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Considering torching her
You still got a front brake.
I rode for 3 months with a bad rear brake
When you disconnected and reconnected did all the copper washers go back in thier correct places.
If its sucking in air it wont bleed.
Go back over everything you touched.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I have never been able get a good bleed with a vacuum pump. Air gets past the threads of the bleeders. For now, do it the conventional way, using the open valve, squeeze lever, close valve, release lever method. Then order a set of Speed Bleeders from speedbleeder.com. They make that job so stupidly simple and you'll get a rock solid lever to boot.
You're welcome.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure of what from everything I tried worked but it's finally good. Longest brake job ever

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Good on ya JK! Do get those Speed Bleeders, they don't cost much - $7 each - and not only make the job very easy, but make for a good, solid bleed. Best way to order is by phone, that way you get the correct ones, providing you give them the correct info. :)
BTW; Before VisionJohnny eats you alive for no profile or signature you might want to do them. You have been warned.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPdated sig & avatar

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Hey I just read this, so you changed your foot conrools?

When I extended my foot controls 4" it was also a supper excruciating job to get the air out, all the air is stuck behind it in connections and bend hoses, but once it's out .... All good then....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a midget so I went with judge controls. Still trying to get used to them. 1/2 the distance would have been nicer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts