Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the motorcycle world. love my 06 vegas. is has 20,000 miles and im noticing a "chirping" noise when i am accelerating and it is under a load. i hear it mainly in first and second gear around 2000 rpm. if i pull in the clutch or shift gears, it goes away. i know my belt is getting close to needing replaced. do they make noise when they are do to be changed?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its the belt but its not due to it being around the time to change it. Although people have changed them and the chirp went away. Mine has done it since I did a lot of the mods to my bike starting at 4000 miles.

I heard but never confirmed that a batch of pulleys were bad from Victory and they were replacing them. Alignment is definitely a cause. Powder coating and chroming can cause it.

Everyday I ride I rub a little Ivory soap bar along the side of the belt and that stops it for a while. I carry a small piece with me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Found my chirping problem. It was the belt. When you lower an 07 and older vegas the outside of the belt hits the chrome drive pulley cover on the inside and rubs the belt causing the chirp. You can buy an after market pulley cover to fix the problem or modify your stock one so that the belt doesn't rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.