Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short , bought it w/o riding it and it was not working (needed new fuel pump ). Took care if that and ride it a short distance. Foot controls are too far forward fir me. Don't feel safe the way they are.
Are there reduced reach controls for the 06 vegas?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Have you thought about a new saddle that pushes you toward? It may be an easier fix.

Reactions: jkcerda

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
No but you could possibly retrofit boards but that wouldn't help you with the brake pedal or shifter but you could use a heel/toe shifter.

One other option is a redone seat that moves you forward. Harley calls them "Reach Seats" I think but a decent upholstery person could do it for your bike. The basically have less padding under the butt but more padding behind you so you simply sit more forward on the bike.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
248 Posts
Basically if you look for the parts they put into the Vegas Low you'll get what you're looking for. The narrow seat and narrowed side panels help quite a bit for getting your feet on the ground and the different handlebars will help with bring them back to you as well. Avoid the lowering link if at all possible.. that reduces the lean angle on the bike signifcantly, but it does drop it down so someone 5'4" can reach pretty easily. My wife was 5'3" and she couldn't quite flat foot hers..unless she wore boots.. which she wouldn't do most of the time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am 5'2 and use a heel toe shifter, and had a machine shop basically cut and smooth the brake peg. Drilled a new hole and attached . Looks great no problems.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
13,262 Posts
Vicxen

Please post some photos

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check out the air breather if you can blow the pic up. Lloyds cams added by Noemtz

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Can't blow it up enough to see it. Got a better pic? Where did you get the engine guard? Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ordered Judge controls, hope that helps out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the brake pedal was a major oversight on the Vics.
Who wants a shift pedal when you need to hit the brakes in an emergency situation?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have had a couple of Pm's about the mods made on my Vegas. Lloyds cams, Lloyds Torque Tube Intake, fuel tuner, adjustable timing package. Had Dyno. For height I had to cut down rear brake lever and drill for new peg, heel toe shifter, and dropped 1 inch. RPW pipes. Noemtz has done all my work. He is awesome. If you are in the Houston area, give him a call.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have had a couple of Pm's about the mods made on my Vegas. Lloyds cams, Lloyds Torque Tube Intake, fuel tuner, adjustable timing package. Had Dyno. For height I had to cut down rear brake lever and drill for new peg, heel toe shifter, and dropped 1 inch. RPW pipes. Noemtz has done all my work. He is awesome. If you are in the Houston area, give him a call.
any issues lowering it? did the belt need adjustment? do you like it? thinking about shaving 1-1.5" from her.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts