Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try and give some background on what has happened.

I cleaned the throttle body this winter but couldn't ride the bike until just recent because I picked up a bolt in the rear tire and had it trailered to the shop to get it replaced this spring.

While in the shop they found that the battery needed replaced and replaced it at the same time as the rear tire.

Now I have an issue with an idle that seems to move around a bit. I notice it most if I grab the clutch as I come to a stop without down shifting but as I said it seem to creep up at times but I don't have a tach to see if it's my imagination or not.

I found that my throttle return cable seemed tighter than what it was last year but the shop said that they didn't adjust it and I have no reason not to believe them. I adjusted it to give a little more play and that help but didn't clear it all up.

I sprayed a little throttlebody cleaner around the rubber intake boot and didn't notice any increase in idle.

Any thoughts?

·
13,188 Posts
Sounds like you have a air intake leak.
Sorry but go back to the shop and have them check it.
Don't mess with what you don't know

·
Registered
58 Posts
Started noticing a similar issue on mine, goes away only when I bring up the choke a little bit so she runs steady at just under 1K RPM. I'm looking at the parts browser on Polaris' website, can't find the vacuum caps. Was it part #5411886 (CAP-PRG FITTING,THROTTLE BODY)?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i jst cleaned my 07 vegas throttle bodies last weekend and found 3 vacum leaks the previous owner put the gasket between the intake and throttle bodies on backwards covering the vacum ports. the other one was underneath the t.b. theres a part that bolts into the bottom of the t.b. with 2 rubber hoses that go into the engine this is suppose to be one sealed piece..... mine was in 3 pieces

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Eclipse. Planning on cleaning the TB tomorrow, I'll have a look at the caps and gasket while I'm at it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Glad i saw this thread, I never paid attention to it, but my, new to me, 07 Hammer has the same symptoms when rolling to a stop with the clutch pressed in. I guess it's time to look over the intake.

Anyone know what a normal idle should be when rolling to a stop in neutral?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry not sure on the part#. I had mine in for an inspection and mentioned it to the tech. I know they were only a couple cents each but that's about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Zs, turns out my issue was just a dirty TB. After cleaning it out and adding a quarter bottle of Gumout All-In-One she's running like new. Idle's back to just under 1K, no need to use the cold start lever, and I gained about 10 MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
931 Posts
Does that year model have an iac? Might need a reset

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
As far as I know IACs are found only on 2008 or newer Vics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts