Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dynoed my 07 Vegas tonite. Mods are S&S intake, RPW Slash pipes, and 05 Hammer S&S drag map.

Made 92 WHP and 100 torque.

Bike runs strong but is running rich, which is evident by the black soot on my exhaust. Would leaning it out some produce more power?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sorry I don't have much info on this, fuel injection on bikes is new to me. But you can't go by sooty tailpipes for your rich indicator, the gas we have to run now days is lousy at best so it will almost always leave soot. check your plugs to see what they look like. I am very interested in what you find out, I have an 07 vegas also that I want to tweek also, I will be keeping an eye on this post for sure!!!

How are the RPW slash pipes compared to the victory swept pipes? I have the swept pipes with RPW baffles in them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rpw slash are a night and day difference to my victory stage 1 shotguns I previously had on there. I know that the swepts are slightly better than the shotguns in terms of performance.

Once I put the slash pipes on I felt the difference immediately.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I dynoed my 07 Vegas tonite. Mods are S&S intake, RPW Slash pipes, and 05 Hammer S&S drag map. Made 92 WHP and 100 torque.
That's very good for what you have. Bone stock is 75/92 so you picked up 17 HP/8 ft-lbs. Remember, the engine is still absolutely untouched... if you owned a Harley it would cost $4000 to make 92 HP.

There are better exhaust systems... there are better airboxes... but for what you're using you did really well.

There is no air/fuel graph shown, so it is impossible to tell if it's rich or lean. Soot is a normal byproduct of burning gasoline and is ineveitable. Stock bikes are lean as hell and have sooty pipes inside... think about it. As long as it doesn't blow black smoke when you get on it, and as long as the fuel mileage is reasonable, you're ok... Be happy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rpw slash are a night and day difference to my victory stage 1 shotguns I previously had on there. I know that the swepts are slightly better than the shotguns in terms of performance.

Once I put the slash pipes on I felt the difference immediately.
Have to disagree with you about the swept pipes...they lose power. I had the Shotguns and they make great power to a point, then due to the small head pipe design they fall off quickly. My 07 Kingpin with S&S airbox, Shotguns, 05 Hammer map and VFC2 made 93 hp / 105 tq.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen dyno charts of the shotguns picking up just a few hp over stock... I did not try the shotguns with the s&s airbox so I can't comment on that but from my research the shotguns are known to be one of the worst performing pipe out there.

Your numbers make me want to dyno the bike with the shotguns on there since they are still sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seen dyno charts of the shotguns picking up just a few hp over stock... I did not try the shotguns with the s&s airbox so I can't comment on that but from my research the shotguns are known to be one of the worst performing pipe out there.

Your numbers make me want to dyno the bike with the shotguns on there since they are still sitting in my garage.
I dont know of too many pipes that show a big increase with the stock airbox. I removed the cats from my shotguns and replaced the baffles with lollipops...it ran great and was loud enough to make blood squirt out of your eyes. The problem with the pipes is they won't flow over 98 hp or so.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I agree with 1/2 if your mileage is good and your happy with it--I wouldnt worry about the soot Infact i would be happy if it was a little rich VS lean..nice numbers now go smoke a pig..cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm fairly happy for $300 invested I got quite an increase... cams are next on the list of mods.

Any recommendation for a rear tire I'm having trouble keeping it from spinning on quick starts.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The Slash pipes are better than the Shotguns. Don't waste any time on that. Joe's numbers were STD corrected (2.5% higher). You're doing good.

If you want more power spend the money on cams instead. Sell the Shotguns and that'll be money toward some real gains.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the RPW slash pipes and the victory swept pipes? The RPWs look shorter, other then that I don't know. thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do not confuse SWEPT[junk] and SLASH[GOOD] pipes. Did you have a A/F on the chart you had? I would expect to see higher numbers if it was tuned properly. Typicaly 96+/102+ SAE for your parts list on a 100"
I do not have an A/F chart it was a bike nite dyno $25 for two runs. Temp was 86 degrees and I rode an hour to get there and hopped right on the dyno if that would effect anything.

First run was 87.89 hp and 90 tq. Somehow the second run was 92.44 hp and 100.68 tq. No idea how I picked up so much tq over two runs back to back

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I do not have an A/F chart it was a bike nite dyno $25 for two runs. Temp was 86 degrees and I rode an hour to get there and hopped right on the dyno if that would effect anything.

First run was 87.89 hp and 90 tq. Somehow the second run was 92.44 hp and 100.68 tq. No idea how I picked up so much tq over two runs back to back
Typical to see the first three runs vary quite a bit. Shame you don't have A/F. I would have loved to see it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Makes me wonder if the map was done properly... the guy doing it said the cable came out in the middle of the flash and he had to call s&s to get another calibration number. Also he told me the tps was fixed and nonadjustable so I know that was not done.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Makes me wonder if the map was done properly... the guy doing it said the cable came out in the middle of the flash and he had to call s&s to get another calibration number. Also he told me the tps was fixed and nonadjustable so I know that was not done.
My guess is the map is in right, but the TPS is not adjusted properly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would that effect peak numbers?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like I'll have to bring it back in and then dyno again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts