Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do the 2008+ bikes shut fuel off completely anytime you let off the throttle above 20mph?

Even after a year and a half, this makes my 2007 still really annoying and makes the bike sound like **** on deceleration. I talked to Lloyd about turning off the DFCO, but he said they don't mess with that map because of high idling issues.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Do the 2008+ bikes shut fuel off completely anytime you let off the throttle above 20mph? Even after a year and a half, it's still really annoying and makes the bike sound like **** on deceleration. I talked to Lloyd about turning off the DFCO, but he said they don't mess with that map because of high idling issues.
Install a map from an 05 Hammer. 08 is prolly the worst year for Victory drivability

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I edited my original post to be more clear. I hate this characteristic of my 2007, and I'm wondering if the 2008+ bikes do it as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the 2008+ bikes shut fuel off completely anytime you let off the throttle above 20mph? Even after a year and a half, it's still really annoying and makes the bike sound like **** on deceleration. I talked to Lloyd about turning off the DFCO, but he said they don't mess with that map because of high idling issues.
Install a map from an 05 Hammer. 08 is prolly the worst year for Victory drivability
What's different about it?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
What's different about it?
05 Hammer did not have cats in it, and so they did not need the fuel cut strategy; to keep them clean. Gets rid of the wandering missfire at idle, and the cracking on shifts, decell, etc

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Why is the 08 drivability the worst? Mine seems to want to stall or sputter sometimes while other times its fine.

2008 Hammer S - Cams, TTi, PCV, adjustable timing, Thor exhaust
For 08 Vic was a tad behind the learning curve, and the bikes had some built in drivability problems. The issues got better each year, and by 2010 they had a much better handle on things. Still some bugs, but they are asking a fairly stupid ECM to do some advanced things

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
05 Hammer did not have cats in it, and so they did not need the fuel cut strategy; to keep them clean. Gets rid of the wandering missfire at idle, and the cracking on shifts, decell, etc
Neither did my 07. I have an autotuner anyway. The Deceleration Fuel Cut Off is the only thing I'm wondering about for newer models versus 07 and older.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Neither did my 07. I have an autotuner anyway. The Deceleration Fuel Cut Off is the only thing I'm wondering about for newer models versus 07 and older.
All 06 and up Vics had cats in them from the factory. So yes your 07 had them; even if they were later removed. The 05 Hammer was the only 100" that came from the factory without cats. So it does not have fhe fuel cut stratagy. I'm not talking about changing the map in your PCV. I'm talking about reflashing the underlying stock map in the ECM.
As for 08 and later. Not only do they have fuel cut, but they also have an IAC that kicks wide open on chop throttle. Again to assist in cleaning the cats. A closed loop Vic with loud pipes will set off stray pops that sound like a drive by in progress

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought cats started in 08.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
had a nice ride today on my 13 hammer, perfect 80 degree + low humidity, i notice my gauge for AFR dropping low around 12 AFR when i close throttle downhill, no popping or backfiring at all. the gauges information is interesting showing AFR at various situations

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Presumably for cooling purposes.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
had a nice ride today on my 13 hammer, perfect 80 degree + low humidity, i notice my gauge for AFR dropping low around 12 AFR when i close throttle downhill, no popping or backfiring at all. the gauges information is interesting showing AFR at various situations
Should peg 18 on any full closed throttle deceleration........what fuel control are you using?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The one that baffles me is when cruising in any gear under no load at around 3000 rpm my gauge reads 15.5-16???? Tried changing things up a little and it doesn't seem to matter.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
What "things" are you changing up a little?

I just tried to fatten up the AFR in the throttle position that Dobeck told me would change the cruising AFR.... I changed it from 12.6 to 11.7 which in turn changed my cruising at 3000rpm under no load to 14ish. However when I went to downshift and get on the "gas" it would hesitate and sometimes pop a bit. So I moved it back to where it was.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
AFR wideband

my 2013 Hammer is running the dobeck gen 4 AFR+, first edition with wideband sensor. it runs great, cruzin AFR about 13.3. prolly a little fat but no issues. don't check mpg's as i top off with 93 octane shell from containers i refill after purging the single hose that feeds all octanes in my area, i fill in my garage after every ride. don't remember my settings as i changed them several times as they were quite lean at first, goes to 15 AFR at times but not much, its not broke so i don't need to fix it!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts