Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 08 8ball has stage one victory performance upgrade,at 35-40 under steady throttle it breaks up like a misfire and also pops between shifts but only real bad when its 65 degrees or colder outside,dealer saidnothing can be done or buy a power commander,but they dont have a listing for08 nobody does,the 08 has new injection with air\fuel sensors,anyone else having this issue,how can i fix it? I am an ase master tech and can overhaul an entire car\truck but have minimal bike exp. but injection is injection. and it drives me crazy that it runs like this. If I wanted these problems I would have bought a Harley, any help or suggestions would be great thanks for your time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you tattooedtech

thanks for your info I will look into that and hopefully it will cure it,this was my first time on this forum and you replied quickly its appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
misses and pops

Please post the results as I have similar problems with an '04 Kingpin I just purchased, mine has the S&S airbox and slip-on pipes.

my 08 8ball has stage one victory performance upgrade,at 35-40 under steady throttle it breaks up like a misfire and also pops between shifts but only real bad when its 65 degrees or colder outside,dealer saidnothing can be done or buy a power commander,but they dont have a listing for08 nobody does,the 08 has new injection with air\fuel sensors,anyone else having this issue,how can i fix it? I am an ase master tech and can overhaul an entire car\truck but have minimal bike exp. but injection is injection. and it drives me crazy that it runs like this. If I wanted these problems I would have bought a Harley, any help or suggestions would be great thanks for your time

·
Registered
9 Posts
08 vegas

I have a 08 vegas also.The problem is on all 2008and2009 I beleive. I am also going to try lloyds fuel controller. Victory should have stepped up to the problem and not left it in my hands. I have spent hours trying on my own trying to get a fix. Mine got worse when I added the complete victory stage 1 kit Pipes,air filter and long drag pipes and download.The bottom line is the fueling system on the bike sucks. Read all the iac problems and popping issues on the vision forum. I have had 22 motorcycles in my lifetime and this is the worst running one yet. My 2008 152 hp bmw k 1200 gt run flawless ,gets great milage . Victory did not spend the time to give us a rideable bike only one that meets epa standards. If they dont step up to the problem I will never buy polaris anything again plus I will do my best to make sure anyone I know wont either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had O8 and 07 Vegas. they have [email protected] air box stage 2 cams and ,etc.... and I have no problems with them because the dealership had good techs .. don't hate the bike because of lack of knowledge by you and or dealer ship..I put over 30,000 on my 07 and only had to do regular maintenance..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an 07 Vegas 8-ball that used to pop or backfire with a stage 1 kit one it. It used to drive me insane. My dealership told me this was "kind of normal" for victory's with a stage one kit. Its a lean pop. They reloaded the stage 1 download and richened it up a bit which seemed to help but didn't solve it. I just had the S&S airbox and download installed a couple of months ago. Since the switch it has virtually eliminated the lean pop. The kits aren't cheap but does wonders for the popping and wakes the bike right up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.