Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experiencing the lean popping and backfiring that these bikes seem to be famous for I have the S&S air cleaner,ness slashness exhaust. not sure which fuel programmer to go with, im wondering if going with the ness big shot or lloydz vfc3 will limit future performance mods as with the dyno jet it seems to be a little more adjustable just hate to have to buy another programmer down the road if i decide to do more to the motor (ignition,cams,etc), any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm experiencing the lean popping and backfiring that these bikes seem to be famous for I have the S&S air cleaner,ness slashness exhaust. not sure which fuel programmer to go with, im wondering if going with the ness big shot or lloydz vfc3 will limit future performance mods as with the dyno jet it seems to be a little more adjustable just hate to have to buy another programmer down the road if i decide to do more to the motor (ignition,cams,etc), any help would be greatly appreciated.
lloydz tuner is actually his own written codes specifically for victory. the ness codes are from a Ducati, the difference between lloydz tuner and the dynojet are that the dyno jet is a little more difficult to set up basically and you need a dyno to get it tuned right which usually means more money. the vfc3 has prestes that allow for future add ons. i recently talked to lloyd about what route i would like to go which is: intake, bassani exhaust, msd ignition, 11:1 pistons and the VM1 lloydz cam and he said that his vfc3 controller would be a perfect addition to the set up. not sure if this helped but i sure tried. good luck with your build.

ACE

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
07Ace is correct. Forget the Ness tuner. Go with Lloydz III but only if you are planning on adding nitrous or tearing into the engine. The Gen 3 was designed for that. If your mods are going to be mainly exhaust and intake go with the VFC II.

The Powercommander is a much more entailed tuner and as 07Ace states you MUST tune it on a dyno jet with someone that KNOWS what they are doing.

The advantage of the Dyno over the Lloydz is that the PC can take away fuel and the Lloydz can only add fuel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks diamondrmp and 07ace for the quick response i appreciate it but diamondrmp it seems to me that the vfc3 is the only compatiable fuel tuner lloyd has for the 2008 as the vfc2 is only for years leading up to 2007 not sure thats just what i read on his site
Thanks again

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
DUH I wasn't paying attention to the year of your bike. Your bike is the closed loop system and the VFC III is the correct tuner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats cool thanks for the info my friends also do you see any reason for taking fuel away if you are going to be improving the performance of your motor, hence the dyno jet over the vfc3. thanks again

·
Registered
257 Posts
unless you know someone REALLY good at dyno tuning or you can afford a technician that does know what there doing especially with victorys i would go vfcIII

1 - 10 of 10 Posts