Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the dyno from my 110 build I had Rylan put together for me. 122ft lbs at 3000rpm. I wanted this thing built for low end torque and this is where we ended up. I wasn't so interested in top end HP numbers, but I wanted to feel that snap through the typical riding range (2500 to 5000 rpm's). This worked out perfect. The 0-60 acceleration is rediculous. This is a fun combination. It's not a racer, but it is an absolute blast for the typical cruising situations. If you want more top end acceleration you would need to shift the graph a little to the right at the expense of the great low end torque. I like this setup. Anything much over 100mph on a Hammer without a windshield starts feeling a little crazy anyway, so this works for me. The VIC 2-1 probably holding things back a bit here, so I may eventually go with the Bassani 2-1.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Awesome. I'm heading up to Lloydz in a few weeks for some new pipes, torque tubes, vm1 cams and power commander with rev extend and dyno tune. Hopefully one day down the road I'll do some engine work.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You leave some horsepower on the table without using Lloydz HP cams or the S&S, but the low end torque is phenominal!! Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Robb. I'm not sure the rev extend really does much other than remove the annoying cut out when you have taken the rpm's too far to begin with. I guess depending on your build, it may come more into play. You might think about that. With this setup, you really need to shift at about 5500 anyway to get back into the meat of the curve. I don't regret it, but it's not really all that useful for what I did here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right Blue. I thought this is about as far as I should take things without starting to think about working over the heads/valves/clutch/etc. We did have to go with the heavier clutch spring, but everything else is holding fine. I wanted to push it as far as I could on the low end without taking things up to the next level. This is about all I can hold on to through the first few gears. I'm very pleased, and would highly recommend people contact Rylan at the Vic Shop. He does a great job of listening to what you want and he will build you the performance you ask for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts