Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm neew to this forum and a new victory owner. I just bought a 2009 Hammer S - Blue/White combo. This is a factory bike and has a few modifications done to it...suspension, engine, etc...Dynos @ 98 ponies. Anyway I am a performance off road guy and this is my first real road bike....I noticed the smog canister, (maybe a vacum cannister?) on the bottom, shift side-rear and am wondering if I can remove and re-route the lines with out messing up the performance characteristics?

I'm well versed in carb jetting and so on but not sure how it plays with fuel injection. Thanks for any input.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Those things fall off our California bikes all the time. When you take it off leave the lines as they are necessary but you can cut them shorter. I could use the canister cover if you want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
09 S Smog Canister

So removal won't effect performance? Sounds too easy but I like easy. The lines will not require filters or anything?

If I don't need the cannister/cover then it is yours but let me ask around a bit to see whether or not it would be smart to hold on to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine isn't on there and it runs fine. if you leave CA then you should be good to go. I heard somewhere that one line is supposed to be longer than the other. Not sure which and not sure how true it is...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine isn't on there and it runs fine. if you leave CA then you should be good to go. I heard somewhere that one line is supposed to be longer than the other. Not sure which and not sure how true it is...
OK Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i pulled mine off, connected the hoses togeather, runs fine, looks great, kept the parts , in case the calif. smog nazis want me to put one back on.

steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
i pulled mine off, connected the hoses togeather, runs fine, looks great, kept the parts , in case the calif. smog nazis want me to put one back on.

steve
I bought my '05 Hammer(CA mdl) recently with smog can missing and had no issues transfering registration, however, I'm assuming I may need those parts in the future as I remember some moronic CA legislater wanted to require all 2000 and newer bikes to be smog-checked like cars but that got voted down or something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts